Vice President - Human Capital at Matrix Partners India
Views:3721 Applications:736 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:228
Head - Marketplace - Skincare (6-12 yrs)
Head of Marketplace - Skincare ( Matrix backed portfolio)
We are looking to on-board head of marketplace. It was born out of the Founder's vision of building a 1000cr+ company in India in 5 years. Skincare in India is a IN14000cr+ market growing at 20%+. However, over the past 5 years while the market has seen numerous new entrants, the repeat rate of customers has drastically reduced. The principle foundation is to win customer loyalty - one, through products that bring international efficacy standards to India and two, through building a community of loyalists.
The company is seed-funded and has prominent investors like Kae Capital, Kunal Shah, Nitin Gupta amongst others.
About the Founder: FoxTale was founded by Romita Mazumdar. She is an ex-VC investor (A91 Partners) where she has spent considerable time with consumer-tech companies like Sugar Cosmetics, Atomberg, Pushp Masala and Digit Insurance. Prior to that, Romita was an investment banker at Bank of America Merrill Lynch in Palo Alto. She had spent three years as an M&A and IPO specialist for Silicon Valley companies including Facebook, Pinterest, Rent- the-Runway, Airbnb etc. She moved to India in 2018 to help BofAML set up their tech-focused practise in the country and ran the fund-raising deals for Rebel and Zoomcar. She completed her Bachelors in Business Economics from UCLA.
Values of a Grade-A Marketplace Manager:
- ROI Driven: A numbers driven marketeer who knows how to get best ROI of different advertising options available in different marketplace
- Seen Scale: Someone who has seen scale on any of these marketplace: Nykaa, Amazon, Flipkart, Purplle, Myntra. (Scaled = Increased MRR from 0 to 1Cr)
- Perfectionist - Someone who is able to execute well and be responsible for the key performance metrics. We seek a perfectionist who believes in improving small things throughout the funnel, to achieve the requisite metrics.
- Hustler - We are looking for an individual with a go getter attitude. We are a small, fast paced start up and you will be expected to be out there and get things done.
- Creative - You will be expected to explore different mediums / do experimentation / come up with unique campaign ideas for different target groups to drive growth and engagement.
- Data Driven - Analyse data, look for various patterns, use them to create campaigns and get new users
- Quick Learner - It's ok to not know everything, but, You are expected to learn new concepts quickly, and put them into action.
What should you deeply care about?
1. Must know: In depth knowledge / hands on exposure on different paid inventories of key marketplaces
2. Must know: How to optimize listings to make high converting pages on different marketplaces
3. Good to know: Amazon ads, Flipkart ads etc.
4. Past experience to 1) reduce / maintain CAC while increasing acquisition budget. 2) Improve RoAS while increasing acquisition budget
5. Good to have exposure of handling budget of upwards of 50L a month
6. Past experience on ecommerce acquisition and retargeting is a plus.
What would you be doing?
- Be responsible for scaling revenue across the assigned marketplace. This would include, business expansion, product identification, inventory buying, listing optimization and everything else required to increase revenue.
- Overtime, you will be responsible for CM2 for the respective marketplace, across all the SKUs - You will be responsible for inventory planning, managing ops via operations manager
- You will be working on creating a high converting page (using copy, images, videos and more) - You will be working on optimizing ad spends by working closely with performance marketing manager.
Superpowers you'll need to be a success in this role?
- 2+ years of experience in scaling revenue on marketplace (Amazon, Nykaa, Myntra, Flipkart etc)
- Structured thoughts in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement