Head - Marketing & Communications - Healthcare (7-12 yrs)
- The incumbent should possess sound knowledge in the areas of Marketing & Communications and ably lead a team to conceptualize, drive and deliver the communications strategy.
- The Head Marcom must be an effective leader, who can set strategic direction, implement structured practices, oversee the team and take them along to achieve excellence and strengthen the brand positioning/ value proposition at a state and national level.
- The position will be a key player in establishing a culture of respect, trust, collaboration, learning, innovation, urgency and passion for results within the team members and their workings. The individual will exemplify the mission, vision and cultural values through his or her actions.
(Management and Technical):
- The incumbent will be responsible for developing, overseeing and implementing the end to end MarCom strategy at a state and national level to create brand presence, leverage our value proposition and showcase our work.
This would include:
- Design a strategy that promotes the program objectives as well as messages to key stakeholder audiences: Innovators, Government, Partners, Donors etc.
- Proactively facilitate the development of programmatic marketing strategies and communications while keeping it aligned with the strategy.
- Develop and maintain marketing and communication interfaces.
- Develop a PR/ advocacy and media strategy including digital and social media to mainstream the innovation and last mile healthcare conversation while strengthening brand.
- Develop and nurture a bank of resources critical to the design and implementation of various communication assignments.
- Ensure language and message synergy across marketing and communication materials to stakeholders.
- Coordinate drafting of sectoral articles as required:
- Guide/lead updation of brochure(s), website and newsletter content as required.
- Coordinate the design, plan, rollout and assessment of communication campaigns including
- Communication Needs Assessment (CNA)
- Coordinating towards successful implementation of the Annual Program Plan, Annual Marketing Plan, Annual Reports and Performance Updates for internal & external stakeholder interfaces
- Engaging and coordinating with other functions Program, RME, Fundraising, Finance and HR to address overall organizational needs efficiently and effectively;
- Manage all of the above ensuring high quality, robust delivery, cost effectiveness
- Ensure robust systems and processes are established and implemented across the function for ensuring seamless, effective dissemination and outreach of our work in line with the organisational vision.
- Develop and Implement Program Partnership & Alliance Plan to:
- Research and identify potential partnership, advocacy and networking opportunities to build the ecosystem for the initiatives undertaken
- Developing and operationalizing appropriate strategy to leverage the ecosystem for the initiatives undertaken
- Contributing to concept notes, partnership ideas and proposals
- Actively assisting in generating and providing new projects development and fundraising leads and necessary support needed for conversion
- Representing the org at national and international forums and networks with sector representatives, preparing talking points and speeches for the Founding Donor and the CEO.
- Coordinating and assist the org for various communication and marketing related assignments.
- Any other reasonable duty as may be assigned, that is consistent with the nature of the job and the level of responsibility.
- The role may include other reasonable duties/tasks from time to time as deemed fit by CEO.
- Demonstrates integrity, ethics, compassion and respect
- Passion for results- Highly motivated and resourceful; demonstrates high accountability, ownership and a go getter attitude; takes initiative and drives results;
- Demonstrates speed, agility and innovation in thought and in action;
- Communication: Demonstrates strong listening, verbal and written skills; articulates and presents ideas/ concepts to a variety of internal and external audiences with clarity and confidence;
- Decision-Making: S/he has the ability to evaluate risks and opportunities; uses analytical and problem-solving skills to arrive at sound business decisions;
- Result Focused: S/he effectively manages time and deliverables for self and team; has a strong sense of ownership; is able to multi-task and work under pressure; demonstrates attention to detail and sets high benchmarks;
- Thought Leadership: Thinks creatively and innovatively; turns ideas into reality and is able to replicate and scale ideas into sustainable change across ecosystems; has strong influencing skills which enable her/him to work effectively across internal and external stakeholders; Is looked upon as an informed opinion leader and a trusted source/ go-to person in the field;
- Brand Ambassador: Has a strong professional presence and can be seen as a credible and key representative of the org to forge strong strategic partnerships;
- People Management: Demonstrated leadership capacity to build and lead teams; possesses strong interpersonal abilities and provides necessary direction to team with focus on skill building, overall staff development, enhanced performance and engagement levels; Emotionally intelligent, perceptive and demonstrates inclusiveness and diversity;
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively.