Associate - Consultant at Symbiosis Management Consultants
Views:2069 Applications:82 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Head - Manufacturing - Agrochemical Industry (15-20 yrs)
Manufacturing Head for a Leading Agrochemical Industry.
Role title : Head Manufacturing
Reports to role : Site Manager
Role purpose :
The overall purpose of the job :
- This is a summary list of six to eight statements for key result areas where the role holder will have decision-making responsibilities.
- To lead and direct a team of managers across Santa Monica, to forecast and deliver all current and future production needs for AI and FPP, whilst ensuring adherence to HSEQ Standard, Codes and Principles as well as external compliance requirements including statutory acts.
- To define and deliver cost-effective improvements and manufacturing strategies towards delivering Site and Customer current and future requirements.
- To proactively participate in (and where appropriate lead) defining the organizational direction, strategy, and objectives for Santa Monica, and drive implementation of Site manufacturing strategy.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities :
- This accountability list is on-going and unlikely to change significantly from year to year. Use action verbs (e.g., ensure, provide), provide a broad indication of the performance levels required (e.g. effectively, accurately), ensure the accountability relates clearly to this role; indicate freedom to act and interdependencies (e.g. independently, under supervision).
- For the operation of the plants as per the HSEQ management system
- For any scenarios that can place oneself as well as others to injuries /illness and Environment pollution
- Ensure all operations within AI and FPP manufacture are fully compliant to all regulatory, legislative and company requirements, and that all HSEQ and financial behaviors are to the highest standards.
- Deliver a cost-efficient AI and FPP complex manufacturing model, with all reporting, operational measures and organizational design consistent with current lean thinking
- Contribute to and influence Site organizational strategy to ensure all supply requirements are delivered and future needs recognized and planned for
- Develop, communicate & deliver manufacturing strategy consistent with Site strategy, Customer supply plan and Site's policies/procedures
- Develop and effectively communicate the AI delivery business plan, set appropriate targets and objectives for subordinates allocating decentralized responsibilities as appropriate.
- Define and implement policies, procedures and structures for AI manufacturing which align and deliver Site Strategy & objectives.
- Network internally and externally best practices
- Define and utilize lean monitoring systems to ensure delivery of all targets set for AI manufacturing.
- Develop and proactively manage Site and business relationships with key stakeholders.
Number of direct reports: 4
Total staff : 150
Managerial responsibility: Ensure confidentiality of customer-related information is maintained.
Critical success factors & key challenges :
- Ensure that the team understands and complies with Legislative, Company and Site standards
- Lead and manage all HSEQ initiatives and improvement plans in manufacturing
- Deliver sustainable improvements in standards and behaviors of Leaders
- Ensure a manufacturing strategy in line with Site objectives.
Knowledge, experience & capabilities :
- This section captures the critical capabilities that an employee needs to effectively perform the role from the outset. Both technical and non-technical in nature, the focus is on the needs for the role rather than the capabilities of incumbents.
Critical knowledge :
The - know-how- to perform the role acquired through academic study (degree, education, and certificates), business qualification or on-the-job experience. Specify the type of knowledge required (e.g. of particular systems or processes), not the know-how of incumbents.
- Graduate/PostGraduate in Chemical Engineering
- Advanced knowledge of Global / Industry best HSEQ systems
- Statutory and legal requirements in Production
- Production Planning and Production Management systems.
- Experience of managing and controlling budgets and understanding financial tools and analyses
- Extensive awareness of the activities of the organization, its long-term goals and its position in the external marketplace
- Awareness of IMS and TFS requirements for this role
Critical experience :
- The type and the minimum length of relevant experience required to effectively perform in the role. This includes familiarity with particular processes or systems, dealing with certain products or services, and/or the experience of dealing with others- both internally and externally, on-the-job-experience.
- 18 years- experience in Chemical Production/T&E, of which at least 5 yrs. as Head Operations.
- Experience in DCS plants.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities :
- The technical or professional capabilities that are required to perform the role effectively. These may be very specific technical skills relating to the nature of the work (e.g. project planning), language skills and personal skills specific for the role (e.g. the ability to assess & resolve conflict, the ability to influence and gain support, the ability to manage diversity, the ability to quickly learn and apply new skills, the ability to simplify and see trends in complex information and data, the ability to handle pressure and remain cool-headed, the ability to develop a strategy and agenda for change, tenacity in the face of opposition, etc.).
- Experience of effective internal and external influencing at a senior leader level
- Experience of working with an organizational top team influencing and setting strategy
- High-level negotiation, motivational and influencing skills
- Ability to develop a strategy and agenda for change.
Critical leadership capabilities :
- Set direction : Develops clever strategies and sets aligned objectives for individuals and teams
- Communicates inspirationally : Helps us see how our objectives are aligned to the company strategy and add value
- Focuses energy on must-wins : Makes tough decisions
- Manages Performance to ensure high standards : Skillfully plans, organizes and monitors performance to meet deadlines
- Develops self and others : Coaches people to excel by giving clear, direct and skillful feedback
- Creates Edge : Provides support to work on creative edge and manages risk and is able to work in uncertainty.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.