Head - Machine Learning - FinTech - IIT/NIT/BITS (6-12 yrs)
Machine Learning Head - IIT/ NIT/ BITS Pilani only (Fintech, London)
Our leading fintech client headquartered in London, is looking forward to hiring for the role of Machine Learning lead.
ML role overview
- Our core machine-learning effort currently is a family of models which predict the sale price and rental yield for properties in our main market of interest.
- The existing team have developed a python-based pipeline to consume historical data, train and tune models, and deploy these to production; these are currently the most accurate models publicly available.
- The key tools that we currently use include pandas, xgboost and hyperopt, along with a range of GIS and network analysis libraries.
- There is much more to be done. The fundamental accuracy of existing models need to be improved, and as the company expands, similar models must be rolled out to new geographies; new models must also be developed to predict risk.
- The data team is scheduled to grow, and we are looking for someone with a track record of success in data-science and machine-learning to inspire the team and help us step to the next level.
Key responsibilities :
- Mentor, motivate and lead a team of high calibre data-scientists and ML engineers
- Maintain a well-structured code-base optimized for maintainability and extensibility
- Communicate complex data concepts in terms a non-technical layperson can follow
- Articulate data-derived stories that explain business uncertainty
- Provide constructive feedback when offering criticism or challenging assumptions
- You self-reflect and identify areas for improvement
- You are capable of working at a conceptual level (understanding business objectives)
Key requirements :
- You have a strong grounding in statistics and probability (calculus-based)
- You have strong knowledge of SQL (in-line with 2+ yrs professional experience)
- You have strong knowledge of Python (in-line with 2+ yrs production experience)
- You have a strong foundation in computer science (in-line with a top-tier CS degree and 5 yrs work experience)
- You have production experience evolving ML models in an emerging domain
- You have sufficient mathematical fluency to understand academic AI/ML papers
It would be beneficial if the incumbent has worked with a startup and is willing to relocate or has worked in London, before.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.