Director at Genetic Callnet Consultancy Pvt Ltd
Views:3048 Applications:668 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:644
Head - Logistics - Tyre/Manufacturing Firm (15-20 yrs)
- Responsible in overall stakeholder management including Finance, Sales, Customer Service, Purchase teams.
- Ensure Compliances to be in place for Export, Import & Domestic Operations.
- Responsible for overseas (import & Export) logistics activity.
- Review on plans for Imports RM & Export dispatches
- Reduction in unplanned cost as CFS, Detention , Demurrages
- Negotiating rates for container freight station (CFS) & Terminals for movement of containers.
- Co-ordination with factory for procurement license and CHA for filling bill of entry in advance to avoid port demurrages detention and delay in custom clearance.
- Handling custom clearance, addressing the issues and re-solving them on timely.
- Co-ordination with account department for vendor payment on time.
- Co-ordination with shipping line and CFS for filling IGM nominated CFS.
- Maintaining record bond submitted to custom and close within bond validity time.
- Planning and managing logistics Sea Imports Capex
- Directing, optimizing for Air Imports Capex .
- Freight negotiation for Import of all plants
- Coordinate and monitor supply chain operations starts from booking management until delivery at POD.
- Ensure that documentation is done relating to import of any materials and goods to avoid any detention/demurrage.
- Monitoring the shipments & ensuring on time delivery to avoid stock issues.
- Oversee Freight provision for Import & Export to the finance team.
- Import operation for Raw Material + payment of vendor
Key Result Areas (List the key deliverables that quantify successful performance in the role) :
- Ensure logistics cost reduction by freight negotiations for India and Global Plants
- Reduction in Unplanned operations cost through over all negotiations in terms and conditions with shipping lines
- Supervise and lead the import and export teams to ensure timely issue resolutions, whenever needed
- Drive end to end audit of logistics cost - export / import and ensure closure of open audit points
- Lead process improvement projects and automation projects for improving the overall efficiency of the logistics function
Decision Making Authority (For each decision type define if the action involves below mentioned categories :
Educational Qualification :
Skills & Knowledge Competencies :
- Graduate/ Post Graduate
- MBA in SCM/ Logistics / Operations is preferred
- Ability to deliver results under pressure
- Multi- tasking
- Ability to operate under minimum supervisions
- Knowledge about supply chain, shipping lines, CHA transportations, INCO terms & Freight
- Leadership skills
- Stakeholder management
- Good Communications skills & written skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Decision making
Work Experience Functional :
- 15- 20 work experience in relevant field
- Preferred experience CHA/ Logistics / Freight
- Team handling experience - SAP
- MS Office
- Analytical skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.