Client Partner at Fynehand
Views:589 Applications:103 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:30
Head - Litigation - BFS (15-22 yrs)
- Managing Litigation at Group level (NBFC and HFC) under The SARFAESI Act, 2002, The Arbitration Act, 1996, Execution of Arbitration awards, PMLA, NCLT, NI Act, High Court matters and all civil and criminal cases filed against the companies.
- Manage a team responsible for all aspects of litigation and pre-litigation disputes
- Create strategies and establish internal practices to mitigate litigation risks and ensure effective responses when such risks materialize
- Formulation of legal procedure and policy manual and ensure that there is a standard implementation of the same across all branches and locations.
- Provide guidance to recovery team about legal procedure for possession of Assets and recovery of monies using legal recourse
- Responsible for taking care of all appeal/revision/SC matters, cross appeal pending & to be filed within their domain locations
- In-charge of filing civil/criminal complaint against employees, customers, dealers, agencies, DSAs, DMAs etc in case of integrity issues with due consultation with Portfolio team
- Drafting Agreements, Deeds, Power of Attorney, Indemnity Bonds, Plaints, Petitions and all kinds of Notices and other Legal Documents.
- To initiate Arbitration proceedings & Procuring Awards in all matters recommended.
- Involves identifying and recommending strategic decisions for closure of litigation and arbitration matters.
- Attending critical hearings along with the external counsel
Preferred Experience & Education:
- Relevant bachelors degree qualification in law. A masters degree in law is preferable.
- 15 -20 years experience out of which a minimum of 10 years of experience in litigation.
- Ability to work in a team or individually on multiple concurrent matters.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills in order to work with external counsel, and other personnel on a daily basis
- Excellent strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills
- The candidate should have strong communication and negotiation skills and should have the ability to work independently