Head TA at Synergy Source HR Solutions
Views:714 Applications:217 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Head - Legal & Regulatory - IT/Telecom - LLB/CS (15-25 yrs)
POSITION SUMMARY :
The position is that of Head Legal and Regulatory function of the organization. This position incumbent will be responsible for litigations management, contract management, legal compliances, secretarial compliances, support & guide all Businesses & Functions on regulatory compliances. The incumbent should be a business enabler having experience & capability to support the organisation and business on complex legal and regulatory issues/matters to mitigate risks and enable business objectives and organizational goals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Leadership - To provide legal advisory, guidance & updates to the board & management on all legal, regulatory, and secretarial matters of the organization.
2. Team Management - Provide Leadership to lead and guide the Legal, Secretarial and Regulatory team of the organization.
3. Litigations Management- Advisory to the management& to take ownership for initiation of proceedings for mitigation of business risk, ensure legal recoveries, defend the organisation in litigations against it, etc.
4. Ability & Understanding to manage litigations across forums including tax litigations.
5. Contract Management - Negotiation, drafting and vetting of Contracts with vendors, customers, OEMs, etc for supply, purchase, turnkey projects, service agreement, government tenders, consortium bids, facility agreements with Banks, MoU, NDA, etc.
6. Corporate Governance - Sound knowledge and understanding of Companies Act & various rules made thereunder to effectively manage the Secretarial function of the company by ensuring compliance to Companies act, conducting of board & committee meetings, maintenance of all registers, timely filings with the MCA, RBI, etc., execution of corporate actions, etc
6. Compliance Management - Tracking & monitoring of compliance through online tools, conducting audits to independently make real time assessment of applicable compliances within the organization.
7. Legal Advisory - Assessment of laws and regulations to provide pro-active inputs to business and functions for the mitigation of business risks, business enablement, to achieve competitive edge in business and achieve business objectives.
8. Management of external lawyers - ability to engage with, interact with & manage Sr. Advocates, external lawyers, consultants, etc. for effective management of litigations for achievement of the desired objectives at reasonable costs to the organization.
9. Stakeholder Management -fulfilment of internal customers requirements on all legal & regulatory activities/matters, interactions with statutory auditor, internal auditors and regulatory authorities for fulfilment of functional and organizational objective like process improvement, compliances and audits.
10. Ability to provide assistance and to address shareholders concerns.
1. Mandatory Qualification: LL.B , qualified CS will be a plus
2. 15-25 years of relevant experience in Legal & Regulatory domain.
3. Experience as Head of Legal or in a Senior Position in current organisation.
4. Knowledge of corporate law, labour law, compliances, regulations, tax laws.
5. Good communication and Interpersonal skills