Owner at Transcend HR Solutions
Views:1582 Applications:49 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Head - Legal - Real Estate - LLB/LLM (8-12 yrs)
The Head - Legal is responsible for leading the legal department of the Company with a strong understanding of legal risk, documentation and regulatory implications. Also to ensure a structured legal document and filing is executed as per the policy policies and procedures of the company. Ensure all that the Company is protected from any risk from a legal and regulatory perspective. Manage and lead the legal team for the Company.
Duties and responsibilities normally performed within this role :
- Review and editing of legal documents including but not limited to- MOU- s, Leave & License Agreements, Sales Deeds agreement to Sale joint development agreement, Land Purchase Agreements etc.
- Coordinating with lawyers, solicitors, etc. for drafting of agreements, maintaining all legal documentation, conducting title due diligence, among other things.
- Drafting, Reviewing and maintaining all commercial contracts.
- Understanding laws & regulations
- Coordinating with clients, counter parts and other stakeholders.
- Evaluating legal and regulatory requirement / implications of new initiatives, businesses the Company may plan to launch.
Skills Required :
- Ability to read, review and draft legal, statutory documentation
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfort interacting with clients and internal staff alike
- Astute legal and commercial acumen
- Strong persuasive skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Proven track record of building and leading teams
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to manage in a high pressure result driven start-up environment
- RERA knowledge is preferred
Educational Qualifications : LLB, LLM
Prior work experience : Having worked with a law firm for 8-12 years or has worked in the Legal department of Real estate, construction or Infrastructure companies.
- Should not be a freelancer / Advocate / CS Background / CS Compliance officer
- Should be into purely legal / commercial work which leads all conversations on commercial agreement, drafting, legal initiatives
- Should have a dynamic personality with strong leadership abilities
- Proven experience of leading and managing teams
- In-depth Knowledge of Real Estate Industry and Regulations
- Well versed with all Legal Regulations