Founder & CEO at The Recruiters
Views:132 Applications:39 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:35
Head - Legal - Real Estate - LLB (15-25 yrs)
We have an immediate opening with a Leading Real Estate Player
Position: Head - Legal
Location : Gurgaon
Experience :15 to 25 Years Post Qualification
IMPORTANT NOTE : WE NEED CANDIDATES FROM REAL ESTATE / INFRASTRUCTURE.
- Lead all legal activities for the company, develop systems and processes for more effective risk management and compliance, review policies and critical documentation from a legal viewpoint with an objective of managing the legal risk and exposure of the company within statutory norms and company guidelines.
Legal Policy Formulation and Compliance :
- Scan environment and disseminate information on legal compliance across the organization (across functions/ regions), develop and establish framework/ processes to ensure legal compliances for all functions, define legal guidelines for agreements, contracts and other legal documents, establish process checks and oversee adherence to legal compliance IN ORDER TO ensure legal compliance across the organization and ensure policies and processes are compliant with regulatory norms and company guidelines.
Business Policy Review and Support:
- Conduct legal vetting of all business policies of the organization, ensure adequate control/risk mechanisms are in place, advise the business/ functions on legal aspects IN ORDER TO proactively monitor and control risk exposure due to potential legal issues.
- Advise promoters/ all functional heads all litigation/legal matters, appoint panel of legal advisors at organization level, participate in high value / complex litigations, lead the process of developing adequate case background in such litigations, oversee documentation for litigation procedures for the company, advise external counsel on the company's position on various legal matters and strategize cases and appear and represent before courts/tribunals on critical litigations IN ORDER TO ensure that the company's interests are protected and issues are settled with minimum risk/ exposure.
- Oversee and review all critical/ high value/ non-standard legal documentation for all functions such as contracts, LCs, advance/performance guarantees, negotiate favorable terms during MoUs/ scheme of arrangement for M&A / divestments/ JVs keeping in mind the company's longer term interests IN ORDER TO minimize the legal risk associated with any land acquisition, business expansion, disinvestments and enhance risk management controls.
Develop and Manage Human Resources:
- Provide leadership to the team through goal setting, capabilities development, performance feedback and career planning, help recruit and retain competent and high performing staff IN ORDER TO enhance their performance and capability to deliver on functional goals and targets.
- Responsible for developing training and development of legal team in consultation with HR.
- Success rate of litigation and penalties.
- Favorable terms negotiated for company.
- 100% compliance
- Team performance and employee attrition under control should be kept within the organizational targets.
- Development of Excellent process oriented systems.
- Departmental Manning to be ensured as per Manpower Budgets sanctioned
Educational Qualifications & Relevant Experience:
- Degree in law (LLB or higher) from a reputed Institute.
- 15+ years of experience in various laws with experience of working in a legal department of an organization
Technical and Behavioral Skills:
- Knowledge of all applicable laws including civil, criminal, labor and consumer laws.
- Good exposure of general litigation.
- Exposure to indirect taxation issues, policy reviews and legal aspects of business restructuring, M&A, divestments and JV formation
- Knowledge of legal compliances for land acquisition, change of land use and transfer of ownership
- Establish and build a network of contacts - peers and external counterparts.
- Be capable of making tough decisions and tough recommendations to resolve problems or improve operations.
- Regularly communicates plans and performance in a clear and motivational manner to employees.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Leadership, team building, self-motivation & interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates may apply here or call Kanika Pathak 9911179375 or apply. We shall revert to shortlisted candidates only.