Talent Acquisition Specialist at Talentmine Solutions
Views:130 Applications:37 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:25
Head - Legal - Real Estate/Construction - LLB (15-30 yrs)
Primary Responsibilities Strategic :
- Develop strategies to manage contracts and litigation effectively so as to minimize exposure of the organisation to claims and litigation
- Keep track of existing laws and changes to laws governing urban and rural land development. Capitalize on any emerging opportunities for the benefit of the organization.
- Ensure legal due diligence during land / Property acquisition, particular Title investigation & Local legislation.
- Collaborate with external lawyers to evaluate land records and conduct a thorough due diligence for all deals and transactions. Highlight concern areas and recommend risk mitigation strategies / options
- Review the final agreements from a business, Legal Documentation, Notices, letter & agreement and diligence for all risk mitigation strategies/options investigation & Local relevant development of the Company to changes to laws governing urban and rural land legal perspective and ensure minimal risks to the organization.
- Review, negotiate and closure of documents, including allotment letters, possession letters, Builder Buyer Agreements, Conveyance Deeds, transfer documents, etc. to be executed with Allottees of the Projects.
- Manage Arbitration matters on behalf of the Group.
- Provide inputs to the concerned Departments at the time of registration of Projects with RERA.
- Meet officials of Town and Country Planning Department Haryana and other statutory departments in case of an query on their part regarding any licence/dispute with RWA/compliances on part of the Company/Group
- Develop and manage the Legal team depending upon the existing and future business plans
- Guide the organisation in interpretation of laws with respect to construction, real estate and environment applicable to the business
- Guide and direct other functions on compliance matters both at the corporate level and at the site level
- Provide legal administration services and institutionalize legal support and control processes across different functions in the company
- Ensure timely and efficient coordination with the business partners on all issues of disputes and policy interpretation
- Effectively coordinate with outside counsels for litigations and contract management
- Develop a database of legal, regulatory & statutory requirements for all projects.
- Support to the Liasioning team in the sale deed preparations, agreements, drafting of all contract-related documents from a legal perspective and other functions on compliance matters both at the corporate level and at efficient coordination with the business partners on all issues of interpretation of laws with respect to construction, real estate and of legal, regulatory & statutory requirements for commercial registrations, etc.
- Ensure effective management of legal documentation
- Provide guidance on policy, process, and SOPs in commercial/ contracts, litigations, compliance/ regulatory work, etc
- Formulate the Legal department's budget and ensure adherence to the allocated budget
- Monitor the drafting of all contract related documents from a legal perspective and ensure minimal associated risks for the organisation
- Conduct performance appraisals on departmental staff / personnel. Assess and fulfill training and career development requirements
- Coach subordinates to develop the team's capabilities and build a strong succession pipeline for the role
Desired qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor of Law (LLB) with min experience 15 years in the legal profession with at least 6 years' experience in legal function of real estate company
- Knowledge of legal provisions / statutory requirements related to the real estate/construction industry
- Knowledge of property, contract and commercial law
Other Behavioral Skills :
- Decision Making Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Communication Skills
- Analytical Skills