Centre Head - Pune at Randstad
Views:627 Applications:150 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:29
Head - Legal - Manufacturing (18-25 yrs)
Our client is a leading Manufacturing setup in Pune. We are hiring for a critical requirement of Head Legal.
The role report to CFO & will manage entire Legal activities for the firm. Must have exposure in Excise and Customs Laws & working with Listed Entity.
- Managing legal matters for the Group & its subsidiaries and associated companies [except in matters of Income Tax, Finance and Accounts, in which it is need-based support]
- Provide legal opinions on contracts/tenders/proposals; identify risk and minimize exposure. Also, coordinate with external legal consultants for expert opinion, where required. Providing support in large contracts with suppliers & customers and in Arbitration matters.
- Defending any cases filed in the court of law. Also, filing cases in relation to matters of recovery, cheque bounces or any other matter as decided by the company
- Defend trademarks, patents, copyrights etc. Also monitor, renew and file for new trademarks as required
- Provide advice in relation to Excise and Customs Laws, and represent in front of these authorities and also in all economic laws, JVs, M&As, International alliances, negotiations, deal finalizations, dealing with specific governmental policies applicable.
- Defending cases in overseas courts in partnership with legal team. Negotiating and settling overseas JV agreements
- Keeping pace with various amendments across sectors.
- Managing the expectations of various stakeholders on legal matters
- Protecting the company from - show cause- notices by staying in compliance with various statutory and non-statutory requirements
- Manage Legal budget, Team engagement, department workings & performance etc. Interface with various teams across companies on legal support/matters