Consultant at Mastermind Network
Views:4652 Applications:234 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:35
Head - Legal - IT/Telecom - India (13-17 yrs)
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strong executive and legal support to the management team of client in India on all business operations and activities including active participation at Country Management Leadership meetings
- Provide effective legal support to the Sales and Sourcing teams in India in RFP responses, contract preparation and negotiation and debt collection matters.
- Provide legal support to Regulatory dept in regulatory compliance matters.
- Provide legal guidance and expertise to client'sbusiness operations and activities in India, including where applicable, participation and activism in appropriate industry bodies and organisations to promote client's interests.
- Manage and resolve complex compliance issues with the Reserve Bank of India, Registry of Companies, Foreign Investment Promotion Board and similar statutory bodies.
- Consolidate/restructure existing client legal entities in India, and handling all corporate secretarial matters in relation to such entities.
- Provide general legal advice and support to other functions e.g. finance, tax, human resources, corporate services, sourcing, real estate & facilities management etc.
- Effectively manage all litigation matters and disputes, including developing and implementing appropriate risk-mitigation strategies in relation to client's business operations and activities in India/South Asia.
- In coordination with client's global ethics and compliance programme, provide appropriate advice and training to the management team and the client's staff in India on related corporate governance matters on a regular basis.
- Manage intellectual property matters for client in India and work closely with client global IPR team in resolving IPR infringement matters.
- The candidate should have an excellent academic background with a good law degree from a reputable university. He/she should be qualified in India with a minimum of 12 years post-qualification experience. Excellent command of English (spoken and written) is a prerequisite.
- The candidate should have a good mixture of private practice and in-house MNC experience in the telecommunications industry. Individuals who have worked in an international law firm (in IT/ telecom practice) will enjoy a distinct advantage. Alternatively, individuals with in-house MNC experience in the IT/high tech industries may be considered.
- The candidate should ideally have a good working knowledge of the telecommunications industry, practices and trends in India, and have extensive prior experience in dealing directly with government agencies in India.
- In addition, the candidate should also possess the following skills.
Strategic Leadership : Outstanding strategic capabilities and leadership and demonstrated intellectual prowess; someone who is motivated by solving complex legal issues and who understands the dynamics amongst different governmental organisations in India, and their impact on the daily business operations and activities in client. Also requires solid experience in handling and responding effectively in relation to controversial issues in the fast-changing telecommunications environment in India.
Critical Thinking and Effective Communication : Ability to deal effectively with members of the client India Management Team with the presence and credibility to secure support, buy-in, and enthusiasm internally and externally for a course of action. Must also possess excellent relationship building and networking skills. Ability to influence and work cross functionally and strong experience in working on cross-cultural, cross-border and multi-jurisdiction transactions.
Solutions Orientation : Clear focus and ability to achieve client's business goals through proactive, creative and effective legal/regulatory/strategic advice. He/she must also have a keen sense of teamwork and ability to build trust and respect with other team members across multiple geographies.It would be an Individual contributor Role
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.