Head - Legal - IT Firm - CS + LLB (10-25 yrs)
Eligibility : Fellow / Associate Member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India with a Degree in Law
Candidates with experience in Listed Companies
Job Responsibilities :
1. Defending and Protecting Company's Business Interests and Aversion of unwarranted Demands and Claims against the Company. Liaising with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors. Handling of cases pertaining to Agreements, Arbitration, Negotiable Instruments Act, Consumer Cases, Labour Cases, Property matters, Criminal matters, Civil Suits & other litigation of the company.
2. Initiating Out of Court Settlements to avoid unwarranted financial exposure to company on account of litigation.
3. Drafting and Finalizing of various contracts, Agreements, Conveyance Deeds and other legal documents. Vetting application forms, customer buyer agreement, maintenance agreement, booking forms, transfer documents.
4. Facilitating various departments and providing legal advice in all customer/vendor related issues.
5. Preparation and finalizing various Case Papers including Plaint, Written Statement, Statement of Claim, Writ Petition, Memorandum of Appeal and Application, Settlement Terms and Affidavit.
6. Responsible for updating the court case proceedings, recording and following up all legal matters and planning the legal recourse.
7. Coordinating Board meetings, Committee meetings & Shareholders meetings. Corporate governance and listing agreement compliance. Ensure Compliance of Company Law and other Corporate Laws, Statutory/ Regulatory Authorities including Company Law Board, ROC/RD & SEBI, etc and to monitor changes in relevant litigation and taking appropriate action.
8. Manage Commercial Legal aspects of the business including formation of SPVs /JVs and the secretarial work of the same.
9. Developing and overseeing the systems that ensure the Company complies with all applicable codes; as well as its legal and statutory requirements.
10. To complete loan/ mortgage documentation and dealing with debenture issues. Management of partition cases of undivided land.
11. Managing a portfolio of specialist functions within the Corporate Secretariat, the Secretary has responsibility for developing and sustaining a platform for excellence in Corporate Governance.
12. Keep under review all corporate governance arrangements or developments which might impact the organization.
13. Advising companies on Compliance of legal and procedural aspects.
14. Advising on arbitration, negotiation and conciliation in commercial disputes between the parties.
15. The main accountability of this position will be to manage all Company Secretarial matters for the Company.
16. To provide a vital link between the company and its Board of Directors, shareholders, government and regulatory authorities and all other stakeholders.
17. To manage and supervise corporate secretarial function to build sustainable and efficient company secretarial system and practices
18. To ensure that all relevant provisions of corporate law (especially Companies Act, FEMA, SEBI, ROC, etc.) are complied with, best practice corporate governance and related procedures are adopted and implemented and to provide regular reporting on all such matters to relevant stakeholders.