Head - Legal & Compliance - Inhouse - LLB/LLM (8-10 yrs)
Head - Legal & Compliance - Inhouse
Pre-requisites and skillsets required to apply for this role:
- LLB / LLM with a minimum of 8 to 10 years of relevant experience in an in-house legal and compliance role or at a top-tier law firm.
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of legal in-house matters in the area of corporate, regulatory, compliance, FEMA, employment laws and practices, intellectual property, cyber security, data privacy, and litigation, including but not limited to risk identification and mitigation, compliances, contracts, legal research, etc. Basic understanding and know-how of Tax laws would be considered a plus.
- Strong experience with drafting, reviewing, revising, negotiating, and summarizing varied kinds of commercial contracts, agreements, notices, replies, etc.
- Demonstrates promptness, accuracy, and consistency and drives tasks to closure, is detail-oriented, and has strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Previous experience working with a global organization is a plus and preferred.
- Self-starter with strong skills and EQ to work in a team environment with local and global touchpoints. Growth company environment - rapid and dynamic.
Roles and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of Legal head will include the below:
- Provide legal support, advice and guidance on corporate, regulatory, compliance, and governance matters with respect to business activities and functions of company under applicable laws and regulations (including but not limited to requirements and compliance under the Companies Act, 2013 and the accompanying rules, Indian exchange control regulations, etc.).
- Analyze, identify and advise on legal risks, potential issues, challenges, implications & consequences and mitigation strategies in connection with business activities and related matters.
- Monitor and manage compliance for company in line with local ethics, applicable regulatory regime and internal laws and regulations covering Anti-Money Laundering, Ant-Corruption, Competition law, Data Protection and data privacy laws, Cyber Security laws, Intellectual Property laws, varied Employment related laws (including policies and codes), and third-party management, etc.
- Develop a comprehensive compliance management strategy and ensure best practice compliance by company with all applicable laws and with global and local policies and processes.
- Coordinate and undertake legal assessments on projects, policies and compliance initiatives.
- Assist in drafting, reviewing, vetting, and negotiating documents (including but not limited to a wide range of agreements with customers, vendors, sellers, buyers, financial institutions and other third parties).
- Analyze, research, identify and manage necessary documentation in connection with day-to-day operations of the company in accordance with applicable laws and global policies of Accordion (including but not limited to drafting or updating (as may be the case) guidelines/ policies, handbooks, know-how material, checklists and process/ tools associated documents governing corporate matters, data privacy initiatives & policies, employment-related matters). Understand the business nuances and recommend necessary changes as appropriate on a regular basis.
- Manage and ensure meticulous maintenance of records of all documents (including but not limited to copies of registrations, certificates, forms filed, statutory books & registers, etc. as per applicable laws) with assistance from outside advisors, as required.
- Oversee company secretarial function and work with outside providers and advisors, as needed to effectively administer local and global corporate governance.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.