Consultant at Go Consulting
Views:988 Applications:113 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head - Legal & Company Secretary - Logistics Business (8-13 yrs)
- The role will help management decide on - Which issue needs which kind of legal attention e.g. which issue needs to be clarified by Legal team, which needs lawyers at the local level.
- Maintain standard templates of agreements and evaluate minor changes.
- Evaluate risk and help on compliances at company level
- Coordinate with legal team managing bad debts
- Overall reporting and monitoring of all legal issues
- Lead the Corporate Affairs team by ensuring total compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsible for driving compliance with respect to provisions of Companies Act and rules made there-under and other statutes and bye-laws of the company
- To provide a vital link between the Company and its Board of Directors, shareholders, government and regulatory authorities and all other stakeholders.
- To ensure that all relevant provisions of corporate law are complied with, best practice corporate governance and related procedures are adopted and implemented and to provide regular reporting on all such matters to relevant stakeholders.
- Advice, guide, support and assist senior management of the Company (Board, Board Committees, independent directors etc) in all secretarial, Board and matters related to investors- grievances and in dealing with regulators and external stakeholders including share issuance, dividend payouts etc.
- Advising on governance practices and compliance of Corporate Governance norms as prescribed under the Companies Act, Listing Agreement (if required at any point in future) and various other laws, rules and regulations
- Conducting Board Meetings & Shareholders Meetings and preparation of Agenda, Notices and Minutes of Board Meeting and Shareholder's Meeting etc
- Share the agenda for all the meetings with the board of directors/ Committee/ shareholder meetings with stakeholders
- Drafting/review and vetting of Memorandum of Understandings, Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Companies etc
- Ensure that business of the company is conducted in accordance with its objects as contained in its memorandum of association, the articles of association and the provisions of the Companies Act, SEBI, and Rules and Regulations there under