Senior Consultant at Mastermind Network
Views:2454 Applications:107 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head - Legal & Company Secretary - IT/ITeS (13-21 yrs)
- Provide accurate and timely counsel in a variety of legal topics (Eg: labor law, contracts management etc.)
- Responsible for legal filing, application and documentation e.g. prepare corporate filing documents; license application; draft, review and comment on contract, minutes of a meeting, and other deeds.
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies appropriate to the company
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company's full legal rights
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Coach/Supervise junior legal team members and support staff.
- To ensure compliance of the provisions of Companies Law and rules made there-under and other statutes and bye-laws of the company.
- To arrange with and to call and hold meetings of the board and to prepare a correct record of proceedings.
- To attend the broad meetings in order to ensure that the legal requirements are fulfilled, and provide such information as are necessary.
- To advise, in conjunctions with the company's solicitors, the chief executive or other executives, in respect of the legal matters, as required.
- To engage legal advisors and defend the rights of the company in Courts of Law.
- A qualified legal professional
- Significant post-qualification experience in IT/ITeS industry
- Sufficient experience of Company Secretarial role to manage compliance and deliver effective services
- Managing regulatory compliance
- Effective stakeholder engagement with regulators
- Provide proactive advice to management on various options in mitigating the potential risks
- Project management skills to manage multiple projects, with the focus and drive to
- see projects through from start to completion
- Ability to know when to consult or seek advice in other professional areas, including tax and finance
- Ability to effectively manage risks while maximizing commercial opportunities
- Capability to influence internal and external stakeholders effectively with an approach of problem solver
- Demonstrated ability to perform consistently under pressure and meet demanding deadlines
- Ability to grasp complex situations and get up to speed quickly on current projects and practices