Principal Consultant at Vitasta Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
Views:249 Applications:22 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Head - Legal - BFS - LLM (20-25 yrs)
Job Title : Head Legal
Location : Mumbai
Experience : 20+ years
Background : ARC background is a must
Qualification : Masters in Law
Reporting structure : will be a team role eventually but will have a CS reporting into this role and will report to the CEO
Job Responsibilities / Accountabilities :
1. Providing integrated legal support towards acquisition and resolution of financial assets and transaction structuring.
- To formulate legal strategy for the acquisition, resolution and recovery from stressed accounts.
- To conduct legal due diligence of various contracts pertaining to the projects appraised by ARC and identify the legal risks involved therein.
- To conduct/ organize title search with Land Registrar, ROC, Revenue Department, Court Search, Notification search etc for tracing/ confirming title to security proposed to be provided to AB ARC.
- To conduct/ organize vetting of security documents of underlying financial assets which includes loan agreements, mortgage deeds etc.
- To provide active support to business, risk and research teams in finalizing the transaction / security structure and terms and conditions for a proposal
2. Drafting and vetting of transaction documents
- Finalizing the documents in connection with the acquisition of financial assets by ARC from other banks /financial institutions.
- Devising all the documents for issuance for security receipts by ARC to qualified institutional buyers.
3. Set up and administer efficient systems and processes towards legal risk management
- To set up, implement and periodically update Legal SOP comprising of standard procedure for administering/ managing legal functions involving corporate legal issues, dispute resolution, due diligence, DMS, empanelment etc.
- To efficiently manage/ support other legal process initiatives including security release/ replacement, MIS, DMS, empanelment etc.
4. Dispute Resolution
- To set-up efficient dispute resolution strategy
- Handling SARFAESI/ IBC and other legal matters before legal fora.
- To closely co-ordinate with lawyers on various forms of dispute resolution
- To efficiently manage litigation data and documents including details of orders, awards, claims, counter-claims, litigation etc.
5. General Support
- To provide support towards drafting and vetting of non-lending contracts, e.g., service provider agreement, non-disclosure agreements, I.T Contracts, H.R Contracts etc.
- To provide opinion/ advise on any day to day/ legal issue.
6. To focus on skill enhancement & team development
- Periodically conduct sessions/ seminars on concerned legal subjects.
- Arrange for training of the Legal Team from time to time to keep the team updated with changing laws and precedents
- To share legal updates with the relevant personnel on legal and regulatory issues pertaining to ARC business.