Principal Consultant at Vitasta Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
Views:2354 Applications:43 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Head - Legal - BFS - LLM (20-25 yrs)
Job Title : Head Legal
Location : Mumbai
Experience : 20+ years
Background : ARC background is a must
Qualification : Masters in Law
Reporting structure : will be a team role eventually but will have a CS reporting into this role and will report to the CEO
Job Responsibilities / Accountabilities :
1. Providing integrated legal support towards acquisition and resolution of financial assets and transaction structuring.
- To formulate legal strategy for the acquisition, resolution and recovery from stressed accounts.
- To conduct legal due diligence of various contracts pertaining to the projects appraised by ARC and identify the legal risks involved therein.
- To conduct/ organize title search with Land Registrar, ROC, Revenue Department, Court Search, Notification search etc for tracing/ confirming title to security proposed to be provided to AB ARC.
- To conduct/ organize vetting of security documents of underlying financial assets which includes loan agreements, mortgage deeds etc.
- To provide active support to business, risk and research teams in finalizing the transaction / security structure and terms and conditions for a proposal
2. Drafting and vetting of transaction documents
- Finalizing the documents in connection with the acquisition of financial assets by ARC from other banks /financial institutions.
- Devising all the documents for issuance for security receipts by ARC to qualified institutional buyers.
3. Set up and administer efficient systems and processes towards legal risk management
- To set up, implement and periodically update Legal SOP comprising of standard procedure for administering/ managing legal functions involving corporate legal issues, dispute resolution, due diligence, DMS, empanelment etc.
- To efficiently manage/ support other legal process initiatives including security release/ replacement, MIS, DMS, empanelment etc.
4. Dispute Resolution
- To set-up efficient dispute resolution strategy
- Handling SARFAESI/ IBC and other legal matters before legal fora.
- To closely co-ordinate with lawyers on various forms of dispute resolution
- To efficiently manage litigation data and documents including details of orders, awards, claims, counter-claims, litigation etc.
5. General Support
- To provide support towards drafting and vetting of non-lending contracts, e.g., service provider agreement, non-disclosure agreements, I.T Contracts, H.R Contracts etc.
- To provide opinion/ advise on any day to day/ legal issue.
6. To focus on skill enhancement & team development
- Periodically conduct sessions/ seminars on concerned legal subjects.
- Arrange for training of the Legal Team from time to time to keep the team updated with changing laws and precedents
- To share legal updates with the relevant personnel on legal and regulatory issues pertaining to ARC business.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.