Head - Legal - Automobiles (8-15 yrs)
Job Description :
- Developing and leading corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the company's matters
- Developing and leading internal audit and corporate compliance programs
- Overseeing delivery of legal services and resources to accomplish corporate goals, strategies and priorities
- Maintaining proper corporate interactions with the relevant local, state and federal governmental bodies, legislatures etc.
- Advising the CEO and other senior corporate officers on a variety of issues
- Participating in the formulation of general management policy as a member of the executive management team
- Providing oversight of legal matters to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Reviewing legal documents such as contracts, non-disclosure agreements, and confidentiality agreements to ensure that they are legally sound and enforceable
- Providing legal advice to executives regarding potential liabilities or other risks associated with new business ventures or projects
- Overseeing the department's budget to ensure that it is aligned with company goals
- Representing the company in legal proceedings such as trials or mediation sessions
- Managing the department's staff to ensure that they are meeting all deadlines and performing at a high level
- Ensuring that all legal issues are considered when creating new company policies or procedures
- Overseeing the department's day-to-day operations to ensure that business needs are being met.
- Provide legal guidance and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations. Also handle legal matters, contracts, intellectual property, and manage external legal resources.