Senior Consultant at Armour Corporate Services
Views:1062 Applications:135 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:133
Head - IT Systems - Transportation Business (10-15 yrs)
Position Title : Head - IT (Transportation)
Location : Mumbai
Reporting to : CEO
Salary : Upto 70 lakhs
Responsible for the overall project management, implementation, configuration and support of all IT Systems for Transport Businesses, including but not limited to TMS.
1. Collaborate and facilitate with functions & Units to understand their requirements and facilitate operations through system upgradation/ introduction of new technology (as required).
2. Design and develop IT tools and manage related services for several industries in domains like supply chain management, facilities network design, logistics planning, inventory planning.
3. Design dynamic and optimal route plan, assignment and dispatch schedule in multi-point distribution (last mile) or multi-point collection (first mile).
4. Should have research, consulting and teaching interests in Operations Research, Operations Strategy, Supply Chain Management, Transportation Planning.
5. Design and develop IT tools and manage related services for several industries in domains like supply chain management, facilities network design, logistics planning, inventory planning.
6. Design dynamic and optimal route plan, assignment and dispatch schedule in multi-point distribution (last mile) or multi-point collection (first mile).
7. Should have research, consulting and teaching interests in Operations Research, Operations Strategy, Supply Chain Management, Transportation Planning.
8. Design and implement Digital and Technology Strategy for Transportation Business.
9. Identify segment wise TMS solutions for effective operations and drive implementation strategy around it.
10. Spearhead value chain transformation through new age and innovative IT Solutions for effective operations resulting in a paradigm shift for our stakeholders.
11. Define and Participate in all Change Management areas within and outside the Organization
12. Work closely with Executive Team to strategize the key digital and analytics initiatives.
13. Procurement integration and maintenance of GPS tracking and Geo taming devices.
14. Managing integration between TMS and ERP Solution such as ERP with the help of ERP Manager.
15. Build a sustainable IT platform to improve the productivity of manpower through continuous up gradation of applications and automation.
16. Help business to Re-engineer the process by leveraging IT with the help of below Technology - Digitization, IOT (Internet of things), Maintenance and New Developments under Barcode Technology.
1. BE with MBA with a minimum 15-20 years of experience in a similar profile.
2. Proven track record of driving transformation and envisioning technology solutions that meet customer needs and solve business problems.
1. Prior experience using an ERP, MRP or TMS is considered an asset.
2. Understanding of Supply Chain and Distribution business processes.
3. Thorough knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
4. Managing relationship with IT Vendors and solution providers.
5. Should have knowledge of the best practices in the supply chain and transport industry.
6. Knowledge and passion for emerging technologies
7. Evaluation and promotion of new technologies
8. Architecting technology solutions
9. Manage business transformation projects with strategic outsourcing partners.
10. Technology software and hardware procurement
1. Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to function in a fast-paced multifunctional environment where priorities change quickly.
2. Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities.
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate well with other members of the team and with non-technical users.
4. Ability to manage and lead large teams in a collaborative environment
5. Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
6. High energy & positive attitude