Senior HR Consultant at MoreVentures
Views:1105 Applications:188 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Head - Inventory/Supply Chain Management - Retail/FMCG (15-20 yrs)
Job Title : Head - Inventory (SCM )
Job Location: Bangalore
Qualification : BE with MBA with experience in Retails (Offline & Online) & FMCG ( Grocery category)
Experience: 15 - 20 years of relevant experience in Retail/FMCG ( Grocery).
Salary : INR 25 - 35 (Variable also part)
Job summary :
- Inventory Head responsibilities
- Meeting inventory goals, managing tracking systems and acting as a liaison to other departments
- Ensure accurate product inventory across locations
- Develop an inventory tracking system to streamline our business operations
- Communicate with our Warehouse Manager about current stock and potential issues with inventory
- Conduct daily analyses to forecast potential inventory issues
- Report on inventory activities and variances
- Assess new inventory to ensure it is ready for shipping or delivery
- Develop and implement inventory control procedures and best practices
- Asset Inventory management
- Experience in online and Physical store stock management and loss prevention
- Handling larger team Pan India level (Multi locations mandatory)
- Grocery retail experience with Inventory management (Mandatory)
- Supply chain management experience (Inbound, Outbound and Inventory)
- Stock management and shrinkage control (Write-off , FEFO, Stock variance etc.)
- Planning on Inventory Audits for multi-locations
- Business analytics skills on cost control
- Process adherence on Inventory
- Process knowledge / Process audit score monitoring for Pan India
- Effective training and monitoring on process
- Driving team productivity across the locations for cost control
- Data analysis for all stock variances for all lines of business
- High level focus on customer experience metrics (Fill rate, customer complaints, Process audit)
- Monitoring team performance through review mechanism across Pan India
- Interview and select the right people across business lines in India
- Weekly monthly review mechanism
- Monthly, quarterly and yearly rewards and recognition
- Overall monitoring on all incoming and outgoing stock, deliveries
- Monitor stock levels and carry out periodic stock takes all business functions.
- Knowledge in doing planograms to change locations depending on business requirement and planogram standardization.
- Interview prospective employees and train new staff members.
- Record all stock movement and deliveries in database and prepare regular reports.
- Inventory Audit Reconciliations and MIS Reports.
- TO / TI reconciliations and need strong control on GIT (goods in transit).
- Reduction in Damages & Expiries.
- Overall control of Distribution Centers' & 5K Inventories.
- Ensuring stock checks (weekly & monthly).
- Perpetual Inventory - All LOB's.
- Preparation of daily, weekly, and monthly management reports.
- Preparation of presentations to provide information to different levels of management teams and external people.
- Fraud assessments & reduction across all business functions.
- Compliance Audit.
- Shrinkage, Dump, Damages & Expiries control / reporting all business functions.
- Reduction in pilferage / shrink levels all business functions.
- Location wise asset ownership - recording, reconciliation, Periodic verification.
- Trained and mentored regional staffs in tasks including receipting, restocking, documentation.
- Conduct regular review mechanism with Inventory Managers on the process auditing conducted.
- Inventory Head qualifications and skills
- MBA specialised in SCM is preferred with good Institute
- 15+ years' experience in inventory, distribution, and operational procedures
- Able to multi-task and work independently
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth understanding of distribution workplaces
- Inventory training an asset
- Planning of inventory Audits
- Candidate Must Haves:
- Min 15+ years of Warehouse Operations, Supply chain Management, Inventory Management.
- This is a National position ,Candidate must have experience of handling multiple locations - currently 50 locations at least.This is a Purely handling of the inventory role.
Key Result Areas :
- Customer fill rates - inventory fill rates - order fulfilment
- Identifying the problem & addressing it
- Inventory accuracy of all the business units
- Avoid Inventory losses - actioning timely on the inventory losses.
- Customer complaints metrics - shelf life; wrong products delivered; expired products delivered; quality issues - all these needs to be addressed & actioned on.
- Analysis, presentation & good communication
- Willing to work 6 days a week & 15 days a month travel
- Team size - direct - 5 to 10 Managers/Ass.Managers/Sr.Managers reporting to this role & indirect reportees of 100+ people
- MUST have Analytical tool experience as Company uses ERP (inhouse & External tools). Data has to be analyse.