Consultant at Kelly Services
Views:543 Applications:172 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Head - Insurance/Risk & Control - BFSI (10-19 yrs)
Business Need / Purpose of Role: Supporting the Head of Insurance, Risk & Control in the implementation and maintenance of the Group's Global & Country specific insurance programmes.
Key Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities:
Objectives & Measurements - including but not limited to:
- Providing guidance to the Group's operating companies on all commercial insurance related matters.
- Continual review of the Group's risk profile to ensure that the insurance programmes are fit for purpose.
- Supporting the deployment of risk mitigation processes across the Group e.g. property loss control programme, contractual risk reviews, insurable risk reviews.
- Oversight of the claims process globally and driving improvements.
- Development and roll out of new risk initiatives involving participation of the Group self insurance vehicle (Captive).
- Working in partnership with our global external relationships with service providers including brokers, insurers, claims handlers, Captive manager and loss adjusters.
- Supporting the annual global underwriting process and market risk submissions including but not limited to preparing renewal questionnaires, consolidating updated information provided by businesses, reviewing and querying any unusual information received, and presenting to the broker.
- Contract / Insurance risk reviews.
- Active involvement in the management of the Group legacy disease claims in conjunction with broker / TPA support.
- Development and maintenance of a Global policy digest, including coverage snapshots being created for each territory for use by individual business operations.
With the assistance of out Insurance Broker, carry out continual review of locally placed policies to ensure that businesses are fully covered, and all legal requirements are met.
- Support of the Global risk / premium allocation process.
- Assist the Head of Insurance Risk, Insurance & Control in implementation and regeneration of the Group's Risk Control Framework/Dashboard.
- Support project work including acquisitions and divestments.
- Upkeep of the Risk & Insurance intranet site.
Job Knowledge / Education and Experience :
- Degree or professional insurance qualification.
- Good technical knowledge in relation to all aspects of insurance and associated insurance regulation.
- Extensive knowledge of the insurance industry.
- Good understanding of contractual and legal principles.
- Takes pride in their work and has a conscientious and diligent work ethic.
- Strong commercial focus with the ability to balance the potentially conflicting needs of the Group.
Technical Skills :
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursue training and development opportunities; strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; keep up to date with insurance regulations; share expertise with others.
Interpersonal Skills :
- Able to communicate and build relationships with a variety of people; can interact positively and work effectively with others; focuses on resolving conflict; keeps emotions under control; has a good awareness of others and can adapt their style to manage different people; remains open and considerate to others' ideas; shows respect and empathy.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively; listens actively and seeks clarification; asks appropriate questions; able to effectively present and discuss views and ideas; adjusts style and language to meet the needs of audience; shares relevant information; gives constructive feedback to others and is open to receiving feedback.
Written Communication :
- Writes clearly and informatively; reviews work for accuracy and relevance; varies writing style to meet needs of audience; presents data effectively and in an understandable format.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following Values and behaviours in their day-to-day interactions; both internally and externally:
- We value, support and care for our colleagues working towards a common purpose
- We act with integrity and are accountable to ourselves and others
- We strive to make our customers successful - We explore ideas and possibilities to deliver innovative solutions
- We are committed to quality in all that we do
- Displays willingness to make decisions; effectively evaluates information to make a decision; able to assess a situation and draw sound conclusions; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Prioritises and plans work activities to meet objectives; anticipates resources required to deliver tasks and identifies potential risks; able to adapt if circumstances change; checks completion of activities and progress on projects, showing awareness of deadlines and develop appropriate action plans.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.