CEO at KayZen Group
Views:7928 Applications:212 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:27
Head - Infrastructure Sustained Engineering - Bank (18-25 yrs)
We are currently assisting a Premier Bank for the position of Head of Infrastructure Sustained Engineering within the CIO Organization. This is a Global Role based out of Bengaluru and offers the incumbent a great deal of visibility & opportunity within the global construct to showcase their capability.
Industry : Technology
Specialization : Infrastructure Service Engineering
The Infrastructure Sustained Engineering (ISE) team is a newly created function tasked with delivering Infrastructure automation efficiencies across the GTI open systems portfolio. With a primary focus on the automation of delivery processes, reducing time spent to deliver services to consumers and improving on quality and consistency. This role is to establish, manage and improve the Sustained Engineering function in GCS by adopting a Infrastructure Developer framework.
The team sits within GTI Compute Services (GCS), the function responsible for managing the Strategy, Architecture, Plan, Build and Operate of the firm's global infrastructure portfolio this includes Data Centre, Enterprise UNIX, Enterprise Mainframe, Server, Storage, Backup, Middleware, Database, Web Services, Directory Services, Authentication Services, Configuration Management, Network Services, Firewalls, IP Routing, Management and Security.
In the role of Infrastructure Sustained Engineering Director, you will be responsible for the build out and ongoing management of a new global team, including the initial formation of the group, tooling, process implementation and relationship management. The position works closely with both internal and external teams and vendors to guarantee continuous infrastructure availability, delivery on Service Level Agreements and maintaining solution performance and operation for all software defined infrastructure services.
- Establish a world class, centre of excellence to drive the GCS automation strategy
- Manage the build specification and validation for the automation team
- Drive the QA practice before release
- Adherence to architecture standards, risk management and security guidelines.
- Form strong partnerships with leadership across GTI, ensuring automation opportunities are identified, on-boarded and addressed within the team.
- Provide executive steerage for escalation ? directing resource and effort as required
- Prioritizes, scopes, estimates, and manages the team(s) responsible for the development and implementation of software defined infrastructure projects.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring less experienced team members.
- Includes people management responsibilities as well as team budget responsibilities.
- Ensures team and associated applications adhere to architecture standards, risk management and security guidelines.
- Day to day management, coaching and mentoring.
- Budget oversight and ensuring adherence to the firm?s financial practices.
Experience / Qualifications
- Deep automation tooling knowledge of scripting, referential data model hierarchy, enterprise automation across a multilayered, segmented topology
- Deep technical knowledge of IT Infrastructure including but not limited to OS Platforms, Database, Storage and Network.
- AGILE delivery methodology
- Expert in multiple infrastructure solution design techniques
- Skilled in infrastructure virtualization, internal and external Cloud infrastructure as well as the latest monitoring techniques.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact with both senior management and engineers.
- Expert in multiple infrastructure solution design techniques as well as experience working across large infrastructure environments and distributed across multiple data centers
- 10+ years experience in a management role and managing IT infrastructure in enterprise class organizations
- Business case creation and delivery
- Innovative mindset and automations solutions experience.
- Budgetary experience
- Experience managing large, geographically diverse and cross-functional teams.
Should you have the relevant qualifications mandated above and are interested and feel free to give me a call on +91 85530 23272 / +91 98198 54069
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.