Head - Information Technology - eCommerce/Travel (10-25 yrs)
- The incumbent will be responsible for creating, planning and delivering the IT roadmap/strategy in line with in line with the business plan of the organisation and to ensure consistency of the same across all business areas such as operations, sales and distribution, e-commerce and back office .
- Responsible for support/maintenance and development all IT systems in India for the company and to ensure the IT infrastructure adequately meets the present business needs and is scalable to meet future business growth objectives.
- This will involve continual review of technology and its capability.
- Build strong relationships with IT suppliers and business teams to ensure that deliverables are according to a specified set of requirements, understood by all.
- Managing and leading a small team, the successful applicant will need to be flexible depending on the changing market environment and work cross functionally to influence other areas of the business that directly impact the success of the outbound business.
- To define, measure and report IT KPI's to key stakeholders
- Using appropriate partners determine the infrastructure technology solutions to support the development plan and ensure existing systems are supportable
- Sponsor the technical evaluation and conduct feasibility studies of proposed system solutions. To manage those solutions into operation.
- Liaise with the business over project delivery and system support, ensuring that communication is clear and prompt.
- Responsible for the management of change, including project management, change control and release procedures.
- Implementation of the IT elements of the Strategy, including ensuring that all business processes are reviewed in conjunction with the IT implementation.
- Ensure that the technology and process are delivering according to forecast using appropriate tools and measures.
- Responsible for delivery of the next phases of the India business plan including roll out to other cities and increasing the number of retail agents.
- Should have a proven experience in business support role preferably from the tour operations and travel industry and have a good understanding of the complexities of this sector.
- Should have an online focused but to ensure both online and offline IT systems work in conjunction, capitalising on future market trends.
- Proven experience of delivery, showing control and discipline to deliver against agreed project plans and deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrable ability to present clearly and articulately to senior teams, stakeholders and suppliers in English.
- Experiences in building teams and motivating team members to achieving defined performance objectives. and conducting regular structured performance reviews.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.