Founder at Jobsfortravel.com
Views:873 Applications:282 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
Head - Information Technology (10-15 yrs)
Key Accountabilities :
- Participate as a member of the Leadership Team in formulating IT strategy and implementation road-map that is aligned with company level strategic imperatives and priorities.
- Provide thought leadership in evaluating new travel technology and make recommendations on technological solutions across Company lines of business. Consistently assess technical efficiency and makes changes as necessary. E.g. POS (SMART) re-engineering project and implementation of white label/customized online self-booking tool/platform.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of existing tools and capabilities as part of drawing up the technology blue print to meet existing and future business requirements. E.g. decision analysis between an in-house data centre and cloud hosted applications like Email, POS Tools, Intranet, HRIS, Financial Systems, etc.
- Lead the oversight of existing technology platforms and build out of new technology platforms and capabilities to meet emerging business needs e.g. SBT, Hotel booking platform, MI capabilities etc.
- Demonstrate and make available ITH products/ apps e.g. Online Booking Tool/ Self Booking Tool to the clients and implement the same. Act as a Travel Technology Consultant to the Corporate Clients in partnership with Client Management teams to ensure penetration and adoption of ITH Technology platform/tools.
- Set up and manage a highly efficient, cost effective, scalable Infrastructure for desk top/ applications and communication e.g. Telephony & Chat/Messenger for Employees, Client interface and Traveller Interface (e.g. Customer Contact Centre).
- Enable complitaion of the country wide IT Capital Expenditure budget. Continuosly monitor IT expenditure and proactively drive cost rationalization initiatives.
- Align, where relevant, and implement best practices from ITC parent / group companies.
- Ensure smooth functioning of support & operational systems through outsourcing partners and associated service and technology providers.
- Partner with business to develop and enhance company's website. Work towards increasing site traffic through appropriate Search Engine Optimization (SEO) collaborations.
- Define and own the IT Security Policy.
- Direct the development and implementation of IT policies and processes in instances of BCP/disaster recovery/security breach etc.
- Ensure licenses related compliances e.g. company-wide software licensing, Department of Telecommunication guidelines (e.g. for internal IP based Telephony), etc.
- Liaise with GDS to ensure reliable and effeicient connectivity at owned and client locations.
- Ensure new products/ add-ons are made available as soon as they are available in the market.
- Constantly review major 3rd party / supplier contracts and analyse them with real-time trends with an objective of renegotiations towards optimizing revenues / reducing costs.
- Work with Operations and Supplier team to shift business on preferred suppliers through the use of Technology.
- Collaborate within and across business units to prioritize, plan, and execute the development schedule for major product and platform releases.
- Lead and motivate a skilled and engaged IT workforce