Principal Consultant at Spring HR Services LLP
Views:2453 Applications:74 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:53
Head - Indirect Tax - Internet/Online (10-20 yrs)
Head Indirect Tax
Job Accountabilities :
1. Implement IDT laws (in particular Customs and GST) and their practical application in a host of business areas and
2. Ensure flawless statutory compliances in a largely automated environment for multiple entities and registrations across the country at very high scale of operations
3. Ensure smooth and demurrage free Customs operations without compromising zero defect standard of compliance
4. Optimize and validate from time-to-time various IDT proposals ensuring that they are both tax compliant as well as tax-efficient
5. Handle Departmental audits, enquiries and similar interventions
6. Maintain healthy external relations in order to present the industry's or company's views on any IDT issue before tax authorities
7. Comprehensive litigation management: providing substantive assistant in drafting of legal documents like reply to SCNs, appeals etc.
8. Digital initiatives for maximizing automation of processes and control systems including coordinating developments in SAP / ASP systems for achieving a fully compliant and automated GST and Customs operations.
Skills Required (Knowledge and Skills) :
1. Carry a well-rounded personality in order to work in a large and well-diversified Group and adapt to and make a switch to other businesses with ease and confidence
2. Strong knowledge of indirect taxes (both Customs and GST; additional knowledge of Trade Policy preferred) and their practical application in corporate entities with annual turnover exceeding Rs 10000 cr.
3. In-depth understanding of the Telecom, digital and IT sectors and their tax complexities, past and present issues
4. Computer/automation skills - Standard computer skills, preferably supplemented with knowledge of SAP, Fintech, Automation and Tableau
5. Communicate clearly and concisely (verbal and written) with vertical stakeholders in a timely manner.