Associate Consultant at Antal International
Views:2615 Applications:216 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:44
Head - Human Resources & Facilities Management - Automobile Manufacturing Plant (12-15 yrs)
Head - Human Resources and Facilities Management Plant
Designation : Head - Human Resources and Facilities Management Plant
Location : Chennai
Company Profile :
- Global automotive giant, with presence across the world and having manufacturing / commercial presence in India are seeking to appoint a new Plant HR Head.
Job Role :
- In this role, you would come with at least 12+ years of HR experience predominantly with IR exposure as well. You must be a fluent Tamil speaker and will to relocate to Chennai.
Key Responsibilities :
Strategy / Planning / Budgeting :
- Formulate Human Resources Policies to develop and support the organization into the future
- Plan, Control and Monitor manpower, labor related resources and its supporting processes to ensure cost, productivity and labor efficiency objectives are satisfied
- Plan, Control and Monitor the overall Human Resources Budget which encompasses salaries, benefits, training, development and cost of services (canteen, transport, security)
Facility Management :
- To establish the organizations related policies and practices with regards to Facility Management for the sustainable development of the Property Monitor implementation of projects on an ongoing basis for adherence to time, quality and budget.
- To meet the Strategic Talent objectives of the Organization in areas of Acquisition, Development, Performance Management, Engagement and Exit Management
Rewards Planning & Steering :
- To establish clear Rewards policies and Philosophies within the scope of the organization and the Indian Automotive Industry. In addition to this, also to steer the Plant towards achieving outlined HR Strategic & Operational objectives by incorporating agreed Human Resources Instruments.
- To establish Human Resources services policies that are tailored to deliver greater employee satisfaction and engagement. In addition to this, to steer Service Providers to meet stipulated service/operational excellence targets.
Learning & Development :
- To create a clear footprint for the development of the workforce and the competence upskilling of the entire Organization.
Safety & Health Management :
- Establish and create a Healthy, Safe work environment for all associates. In addition to this the role holder is responsible to lead the function in developing value adding health service to supplement employees well being
Environment Management System :
- To implement practices, processes and policies which are aligned with the Environmental standards established in the organization.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) :
- To craft Corporate Social Responsibility projects and initiatives that are algned to the Organization's strategic direction and the statutory / legal requirements.
Impact on innovations and changes :
- Recommend new policies/ processes in the areas of recruitment, performance management, compensation management, welfare, health and safety. Implement and monitor the policies
- Purpose and subject of the interaction/communication with internal/external interfaces, negotiating mandate
- Strategizing and Setting up of overall objectives, goals and measurable deliverables prior to entering into agreement with service providers (for projects, facilities, health centre, security services, canteen services), training agencies and consultants.
- Partner with the Management team for the implementation of HR instruments and tools that would support the service excellence of HR as a business partner in the Plant
- Liaise with Government agencies like Inspector of Factories, Labour Welfare Board, Provident Fund, Employees Statue Insurance, District Collectorate, Block Development Office, Village Panchayat Office, Fire Department, Police Department, Telephones, Postal Department, Hospitals and Mahindra World City and Other Administration Service Providers for smooth plant operations.
Educational Background / Professional Knowledge and Experience / Other Skills :
- Masters / Postgraduate Qualification / MBA
Work experience, Leadership experience :
- Human Resources Generalist with strong experience in Core HR Functions and exposure to HR services functions
- Proven ability in Managing Diverse sub-functions
- Facility Management / Technical Experience an added advantage
- Experience with Labor / Industrial Law an added advantage
Additional skills: special skills / technical ability etc. :
- Excellent communications in English (Spoken / Written)
- Knowledge of Tamil an added advantage
- Strategic Thinking
- Prior Union Management skills an added advantage
- Knowledge of HR related Systems
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.