Head - Human Resource - Manufacturing Firm (7-15 yrs)
The HR Head is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the Human Resources department, ensuring the development and execution of HR strategies that align with the company's overall goals and objectives. This role requires strong leadership, strategic thinking, and a deep understanding of HR best practices to foster a positive workplace culture, attract and retain top talent, and drive organizational success.
A. Strategic HR Leadership:
- Develop and implement HR strategies and policies that align with the company's mission, vision, and objectives.
- Collaborate with senior management to define HR goals and objectives in support of the company's strategic plan.
- Provide guidance and direction to HR team members, fostering a high-performance culture within the department.
B. Talent Acquisition and Management:
- Oversee the recruitment process, ensuring the selection of qualified candidates who fit the organization's culture and values.
- Develop and maintain effective onboarding, training, and development programs to enhance employee skills and engagement.
- Implement talent retention strategies to reduce turnover and enhance employee satisfaction.
C. Employee Relations:
- Act as a point of contact for employee concerns, providing guidance and support in resolving workplace issues.
- Promote a positive and inclusive work environment, ensuring fair treatment and compliance with labor laws and regulations.
- Manage disciplinary actions and termination procedures in accordance with company policies and legal requirements.
D. Performance Management:
- Develop and oversee performance appraisal systems that drive employee performance and development.
- Monitor and assess individual and team performance, providing coaching and feedback as necessary.
- Lead the annual performance evaluation process and salary review cycle.
E. HR Compliance and Risk Management:
- Stay up-to-date with labor laws and regulations, ensuring company compliance and mitigating HR-related risks.
- Maintain accurate HR records and documentation, including personnel files and legal compliance records.
- Manage and oversee employee benefit programs, such as health insurance and retirement plans.
F. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Develop and implement DEI initiatives to promote diversity and inclusivity within the organization.
- Monitor progress and report on diversity metrics, continually working to improve diversity and equity in the workplace.
G. HR Analytics and Reporting:
- Utilize HR data and analytics to make informed decisions and drive continuous improvement in HR processes.
- Generate regular HR reports for senior management and provide insights into HR performance and trends.
H. Budget Management:
- Manage the HR department budget effectively, ensuring cost control and optimal resource allocation.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- Proven experience in a senior HR leadership role, with a minimum of 7-10+ years of HR management experience.
- In-depth knowledge of HR best practices, employment laws, and regulations.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to make strategic decisions and drive HR initiatives.