Senior Researcher at Transearch India
Views:1413 Applications:542 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:52
Head - Human Resource - Consulting Firm (12-20 yrs)
The key mandate of this job is to steer organisations peoples strategy to help achieve its business goals and at the same time ensure high motivation and professional development of the team. The HR Team currently has a team of six professionals apart from HR spocs working in different departments/projects. The Department has three core functions :
- Talent Acquisition and retention
- Learning and Development
- Operations Management
Key areas of responsibilities include but not limited to :
HR Strategy, Leadership and Coordination :
- Act as the face of HR for the company
- Enhance the value and motivation that employees feel being part of the organization
- Optimize Staff utilization ratio and Cost / Benefit Ratio
- Responsible for senior level decision making and both day to day management and strategic direction of the organisation
- Develop and implement an annual agenda for HR strategy in line with the business plan. Ensure HR plans support the needs of the business but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organisation, as and when they occur
- Involvement in all redundancy consultations
Recruitment, Talent Management and Retention :
- Develop comprehensive and innovative ways of recruiting best in class talent.
- Create and implement Employer Branding Strategies
- Co-ordinate recruitment throughout the company through management of a recruitment/HR team. Build relationships with Placement Firms, take lead on leadership hiring and be actively involved in Interviews of senior hires.
- Manage attrition and devise measures to promote retention of quality staff.
- Ensure all staff receive appraisals in accordance with company policy.
- Maintain a succession plan for all departments and discuss this on a continuous basis with respective Department Heads.
- Will be the custodian of all HR policies related to recruitment, talent management and retention.
Performance Management :
- To design and deliver initiatives which foster a high-performance culture, including that of reward and recognition of high performers.
- Coordinate the performance management of employees and ensure all Job Descriptions are kept up to date and create new JDs as and when necessary.
- Ensure appraisal cycle is completed within the stipulated time.
- Deal with any performance or grievance issues in a legally compliant and professional way.
Training /Learning & Development :
- Conduct training needs analysis and design and implement a training plan with input from business heads.
- Manage costs to budget.
- Create and manage models for geographical and sectoral learning / secondment within the company / group which would be both online and offline in nature.
- Create a conducive environment where average of 4 hours per staff training is held during the year across offices and locations with average 75% rating.
- Design models / opportunities to develop latent interest, talents and qualities of staff that will be beneficial to organizational growth.
- Manage Young Leaders Programme to identify and develop future leaders for the organization.
Compensation and Benefits :
- Review all staff salaries and make recommendations for pay rises in consultation with department heads. Implement any increases and promotions.
- Ensure payroll is managed accurately and within timelines
Human Resources Policy :
- Manage existing HR Management system and help to implement the new software (Darwinbox) that the organization is looking to adopt. Oversee its integration with Oracle ERP being managed for financial operations of the company.
- From time to time bring about improvements in internal HR systems and processes to build in efficiency and robustness in all HR activities.
- Have oversight and ensure policies are implemented appropriately across the organization
- Ensure all policies and procedures are up to date and legally compliant with the laws of the respective Countries across all organization's offices/subsidiary's offices spread across geographies.
Team Management :
- Provide day to day advice and supervision to line managers on all human resource issues.
- Put in place best practices to drive HR strategy and function across all offices globally.