Head - Human Resource - BPO (10-15 yrs)
Job Purpose & Objectives :
Work in partnership with all areas of the organisation to provide specialist coaching, support and influence that enable key clients to effectively deliver their people plans. Provide a consultancy service that delivers HR best practice and commercially focused HR solutions that support the business area in conjunction with specialist HR functions.
Main Duties & Responsibilities :
- Position the role of Business Partner as an integral part of the client management team by developing effective working relationships, influencing, challenging the senior management team on their personal style and the development and delivery of their people plans in support of the achievement of the business area and HR strategies.
- Equip key clients with appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage their people in line with their people plans e.g. performance management, absence management, career management.
- Provide support on the research, design and development of HR initiatives in support of the HR strategy, using expert knowledge of the client area. Facilitate the creation of an implementation and communication plan into the local business area that achieves the agreed deliverables.
- Provide both transformational advices on change management initiatives, organisational / departmental restructures / job role design / outsourcing / TUPE transfers / redundancy situations in order to improve cost and efficiency, clarify accountabilities and empower delivery of great customer service.
- Working in partnership with service directors and managers, manage employee relations issues including the ongoing relations with the trade unions at a macro level. Build management responsibility and capability for managing ER/IR (where appropriate) issues and improve the effectiveness of consultation.
- Working in partnership with the HR Advisory and HR Transaction teams of our partner, ensure that the appropriate operational HR functions are enacted to deliver change outcomes.
- In association with the HR service delivery partner, monitor, interpret and implement all new and revised legislation relating to the service. Oversee the planning and implementation of changes required including developments to policy and procedure; ensuring that significant changes are communicated to Members, Executive Management Board, Chief Executive, Executive and Service Directors in the most appropriate manner.
- Identify short, medium and long term resourcing issues. Build and maintain the local manpower plans, co-ordinate with the workforce development team about workforce supply and demand and challenge clients on new roles, replacement and recruitment and retention strategies.
- Embed a performance management culture within the business area as a means of driving business improvement by ensuring clear objectives, feedback and the improvement of customer service through behaviours aligned with our values.
- To contribute to the development of the wider HR strategy and work closely with the Strategic Human Resource Manager and the Head of Human Resources of the HR service delivery partner and other managers to ensure cohesive and coordinated services across the Council.
- Support the business area with the management development of their people, providing advice, guidance and ad-hoc training on Personal Development Plans and work with the business area to establish and introduce systems that identify employees with high potential, develop career paths in consideration of key roles for succession planning and self-development.
- Recruit, lead, train, motivate, develop and empower team members in accordance with the Council's Policies and procedures. Develop and maintain appropriate and effective communication with staff and service users on all matters relating to the service and all legislation and regulations which apply to it.
- The candidate must have a MBA
- The candidate should have minimum 10+ years experience in Human Resource function in a 1000+ organization
- The candidate must have a strong management & Leadership competencies and should be working on the strategic Human Resource personally, which includes discussing the Human Resource implications on Business Objectives with the top leadership of the organization
- The candidate must have a conceptual & practical understanding in Talent & Organizational Development practices
- The candidate must have a strong business acumen with proven ability to align business needs with HR support
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.