Vice President - Human Capital at Matrix Partners India
Views:2572 Applications:873 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:34
Head - Growth - FMCG (3-8 yrs)
Matrix is partnering with one of our key portfolio company, Open Secret to hire a Growth Manager.
About Open Secret :
Say hello to Open Secret - brand with a vision to create a world with less junk and more food. We are a team (HBS, IIT, IIM alums) of passionate marketers, strategists, working towards building one of the most iconic challenger brands in the snacking category.
Launched our first line of products in October - Nutty Cookies, which target increasing consumer preferences for - better-for-you- snacks. With these initial products, we are targeting the sweet snacking category which has seen little to no innovation in recent years. We are reimagining the entire FMCG value chain starting from product to distribution. The goal is to become the most preferred snacking brand for families. We have been getting a great response from customers! Do also check out our Facebook, Instagram and Website for more details. Backed by prominent investors : Matrix, Vijay Shekhar Sharma (Founder, Paytm), Kunal Bahl (Co-Founder, Snapdeal), Rohit Bansal (Co-Founder, Snapdeal) and Vivek Gambhir (CEO, Godrej Consumer Products).
About the Head of Growth Role :
We are looking for a user-research focused, data-driven growth marketeer / product manager to oversee our entire customer pipeline - acquisition, activation, engagement, and retention. As the Job Title suggests, the Head of Growth will work towards the one true north - Growth!!
The Head of Growth will report to the CEO and work closely with the design and engineering teams to rapidly conceptualise and test ideas for improved results across the customer pipeline. Over time, the Head of Growth will build and lead the growth team comprising of designers, engineers, content writers, digital marketing specialists, and data analysts.
Preferred Qualifications/Skills :
- Humility and willingness to learn new things - A Lifelong Learner
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in product marketing/Growth roles/Digital manager roles
- A mindset for leveraging deep user research and data-driven rapid experimentation as drivers of growth
- Experience with data analytics tools like GA, Optimizely, Kissmetrics, Geckoboard etc
- Deep understanding of digital marketing channels
- Great interpersonal skills; excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build pipelines keep cost in check
Key responsibilities :
- Oversee a social media strategy
- Develop and manage digital marketing campaigns
- Identify new trends in digital marketing, evaluate new technologies and ensure the brand is at the forefront of industry developments, particularly developments in mobile marketing
- Track and analyse website traffic flow and provide regular internal reports
- Attain key performance indicators such as reducing the website bounce rate, increasing dwell time or improving conversion
- Continually work on the Search Engine Optimization of the website(s)
- He/she should have creative ideas and think out of the box
- Able to provide easy tech solutions to everyday marketing challenges
- Manage day - to - day execution and optimization of marketing campaigns consisting of email flows and web page builds
- Execute against key milestones on the Marketing content calendar, completing campaigns and page builds according to agreed timelines and communicating any roadblocks to appropriate stakeholders
- Adhere to company editorial best practices across all marketing channels
- Understand basic data analysis. Be able to make decisions & see trends based on past results of campaigns
- Demonstrates ability to adhere to project & relationship management expectations outlined by the team
What we have to offer!
- Be the first few employees of a disruptive Food start up
- Work directly with the founders in shaping and executing the strategy/vision of the brand
- Be a part of the transformative journey of creating a household brand in India from scratch
- Define your own path and build your own team
- One hell of a "FUN RIDE"
About the founder :
Ahana Gautam is an experienced marketer with a passion to build and grow the biggest consumer brands in India. She has a B.Tech from IIT Bombay and an MBA from Harvard Business School. Started her career at P&G where she worked across multiple functions - supply chain, finance and marketing. Ahana grew her passion for food brands at General Mills in US where she launched natural and organic products.