Founder at Wellspring Consultancy
Views:1112 Applications:218 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:218
Head - Global Legal - eCommerce (20-25 yrs)
We are hiring Head - Global Legal for our client based at Bangalore, India.
Job Summary :
To lead all aspects of Global Legal Operations, Compliance, Contract Management, M&A, People Management and Company secretarial operations as well as relevant Compliance functions. He/She also work closely with Group Legal to build Legal Operations capability within the business in furtherance of the Group Legal transformation project. To work closely with all the key stakeholders across BU leadership team and Group Legal team and manage external interfaces as required per my remit.
Relevant Experience :
- At least 20 - 25 years of prior Legal experience in a leadership role with an MNC (preferably in GCC/GBS/BPO environment).
- Experience of legal process outsourcing projects, preferably having led these in a prior role.
- Lawyer from reputed law schools and Company Secretary qualification preferred.
- Strong contracts drafting, employment law and litigation and dispute management skills.
- Experience in dealing with cross border transactions.
- Management of sizeable teams of employees.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership on all legal, regulatory and compliance matters across the organization.
- Ensure adherence to all applicable in-country laws and regulations by working closely with Operations and Technology teams.
- Front-end and represent the company in all interactions with in-country regulatory authorities.
- Work in full alignment with Group Legal team to build Legal CoE capability within BU, including defining the vision and operating model, leading the timely and efficient transfer of services, finding opportunities for continuous improvement and developing effective SLAs and KPIs with UK teams in order to demonstrate effective operation of the transferred processes.
- Ensure strategic aspirations are enabled with full compliance to regulations.
- Be a strategic partner on all emerging legal and compliance developments/trends and work closely with leadership to proactively manage and address the changing regulatory requirements.
- Manage external Legal service providers as appropriate.
- Build a team of legal and other experts to ensure best in class capability built in line with BU and Group Legal aspirations and a pipeline of future talent.
- Be a strategic influencer driving Purpose and Vision across business.
- Work closely with Property, Risk and Compliance, Finance, Procurement, People teams to ensure that the Functions operation in full compliance with legal requirements.