Views:1659 Applications:146 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head/General Manager/Senior General Manager - Legal - Consumer Durable - LLB/LLM (20-25 yrs)
Department : Legal
Work Location: DELHI
Travel Required: 25%
Reporting to :
Reported by: DGM Legal
Qualification : LLB or LLM with 1st Division
Any additional requirement :
- License of bar association would be an added advantage.
- He must additionally be technologically adept and possess excellent computer skills. He must have good Ms Office, Ms Excel and Powerpoint skills, which will be necessary in the creation of various legal documents and engaging presentations as necessary.
Purpose of the Position (Job Summary) :
- The candidate should have 20 to 25 years exposure in handling legal matters related to Civil, Criminal, Contract Law, Company Law, SEBI Regulations, RBI Foreign Exchange Regulations (FEMA), Trade Marks And IPR.
- The Head of Legal has to have an ability to Identify and Remedy Complex Legal issues without inviting the services of external legal advice.
- A suitable candidate will also have proven experience in relationship management and a demonstrated ability to lead a legal team and develop talents that subsequently drive value across the business. As the organization's chief in-house counsel he will advise the CFO and Management / Board of Director of legal affairs for the organization.
- He will further Advise CFO on all legal matters affecting the organization's operations and governance, including legal review and advice on risks and implications of new projects and with business arrangements to support strategic and operational decision-making.
Key Roles and Responsibilities :
- To assist management in identifying and implementing Value Creation Initiatives.
- Operate within a prescribed budget and, where possible, institute procedures that will make the team more efficient and reduce costs.
- Manage outside counsel within budget as and when needed.
- He must also have an ability to draft and manage complex IPR, Trademark, and regulatory documentation, handling such matter comfortably within a fast-paced business environment.
Customer Oriented :
- To reduce number of Observations by Statutory/Internal Auditors related to Finance Department.
- To work with HOD's across the business in identifying and managing potential legal risk w.r.t their departments.
People Oriented :
- To ensure key team members participation in professional up gradation Training on Legal aspect.
- To ensure that there is a periodic circulation of information on relevant laws and policies across the Departments.
- To oversee the delivery of training to management and personnel on legal issues affecting individual departmental activities and transactions.
Internal Business Process :
- To develop and lead corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the company's matters
- To Maintain proper corporate interactions with the relevant local, state and central governmental bodies.
- To Oversight of Company's contract administration processes to ensure compliance with applicable laws and other internal Company policies.
- To coordinate civil, criminal and trademark-related cases.
- To ensure registrations under different statutory acts, compliances and will be responsible for guiding the senior management to follow the procedures of law.
- To prepare legal documents, agreements, liasoning with government authorities and legal bodies.
- To find leads and control of duplicity by conducting raids
- Contract Law
- Company Law
- SEBI Regulations
- RBI Foreign Exchange Regulations (FEMA)
- Labour Law
- Trade Marks
- Co-ordination Skills
- Man management Skills
- Judgment and Decision Making
Key Result Areas :
- Gap between AOP & EBITDA Target
- % of compliance of observations
- Speedy Paperwork in Litigation Management
- Promptness in Settlement of duplicacy cases
Key Stakeholder Management :
Internal - MD,ED-Finance, Directors, HODs
External - Law Firm, Court Official, Police etc