Head - Fixed Income Settlements - Equities (10-15 yrs)
Head of Fixed Income Settlements Equities
Overall Job Purpose
The role holder will be responsible for day to day running of four settlement teams covering a variety of fixed income products across European domestic markets. These products include vanilla cash bonds and firms issued notes and syndicated new issues where firm is the lead or co-lead. Markets include Italy, Spain, Greece and Belgium as well as emerging and Scandinavian markets. The role holder will also be responsible for the UK domestic market (gilts) and settlement of the Delivery By Value (DBV) sterling funding mechanism. The role holder will provide ad hoc information to key stakeholders and will take responsibility for providing relevant management information (MI) to senior management. In addition the role holder will build strong cross departmental relationships and ensure all risk and control functions are adhered to. The role holder will identify process improvements and synergies on an ongoing basis and will liaise with subject matter experts (SMEs) on project enhancement for existing and new markets and will monitor trends
People Management and Leadership:
- The role holder will set stretching objectives for self and team and deliver against those objectives.
- They will lead, motivate, and develop teams to create a high performance culture and enhance the knowledge base, skills, talent and capability of the team.
- The role holder will demonstrate effective use of performance development, share best practice, identify successors, and develop a culture of coaching and development.
- They will communicate progress against plans, achievements, and challenges and encourage feedback in addition to ensuring that the teams have the correct training and tools to undertake their duties to the highest standards, delivering a world class service to Firms' clients.
Key clients (internal and external)
- The role holder will work with a number of key internal and external clients. These include the Front and Middle Offices, agent banks, clients, Clear stream and Crest
- The right candidate will be responsible for the day to day management of four settlement teams covering a variety of fixed income products across domestic European markets.
- They will have a thorough understanding of securities settlement and up to date technical knowledge.
- In addition, they will be capable of working independently and innovatively, and have experience of running multiple teams in a high volume environment with multiple market deadlines. Knowledge of Swift Alliance, Euclid, Creation Online and Intellimatch would be an advantage.
Knowledge and Expertise
- The right candidate will have extensive experience of managing multiple teams.
- They will have excellent attention to detail with a high level of strategic vision.
- They will demonstrate a practical knowledge of the implementation and execution of all HR tasks including but not limited to, performance development, managing poor performance and managing attendance.
- They will have experience of developing succession and a strong management team, within which they will proactively drive team cohesion.
- The ideal candidate will create, prepare and control the management information related to the team and have the ability to interact and communicate with staff at all levels.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to lead the team while motivating and developing their direct reports and the wider group.
- The right candidate will demonstrate excellent commercial and risk awareness and be able to escalate potential issues to senior management when required.
- The successful candidate will have an excellent command of the English language with strong written and verbal communication skills and possess the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- The successful candidate will have excellent influencing skills and the ability to solve problems effectively and creatively. They will manage their time and workload effectively and ensure that a quality output is delivered by themselves and their team in a timely manner to internal and external clients.
Academic and professional qualifications
- The successful candidate will have a high level of education including Higher grade and preferably be degree educated, or equivalent.
- Industry recognized qualifications are desirable.
- They will be up to date with market and sector development
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.