Senior Consultant at Spicy Jobs
Views:5031 Applications:193 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head - Financial Reporting & Audit/GL Management - CA - BFSI/FMCG/Infra (9-15 yrs)
The jobholder will be responsible for leading the financial reporting, General ledger Management and Audit / Risk interfaces to ensure generation of timely and accurate financial data, driving the monthly, Quarterly, HY and year end account closing process, leading the statutory and internal audit process and ensuring compliance with the relevant statutory/ other legislative requirements.
The jobholder will provide strategic support to CFO / VP - Financial Controller and will work with BP&A / Treasury teams towards ensuring appropriate accounting processes and required compliance.
Main priorities :
- Overall responsibility for the General Ledger (Oracle) financial systems of the Company
- Ensure that accounting systems are correctly mapped for all accounting completeness and finalization requirements including but not limited to premium, commission and fund/ product accounting vis -a- vis systems/PAS maintained at Operations and which meet IRDA accounting guidelines and internal MIS requirements
- Ensure that all policies relating to capital and operating expenses are complied with and appropriate .
Key outputs :
- Validation of policy accounting and ensuring that mapping of (Oracle) accounting systems to Policy Administration System is accurate; participate actively in all initiatives for systems up gradation
- Overall accounting systems maintenance, account master maintenance and ensuring appropriate security and back-up of critical data
- Timely generation of month end accounts, Q, HY and annual accounts
- Maintain and actively manage changes to accounting policies and processes and in particular, with regard to capital procurement and operating expenses
- Ensuring that accounting processes have the required internal controls, desired documentation and are robust enough to support information requirements for decision making
- Maintain an effective and aggressive accounting reconciliation's program
- Custodianship of accounting records,
Qualifications : Qualified Chartered Accountant.
Skills/ knowledge :
- Ideally good knowledge of the Insurance market in India
- Excellent intellect with the capability and vision to lead the financial management
- Good knowledge of financial processes
- An open and honest style of communication, which gains the respect of peers and subordinates
- Abreast with all new laws and regulations impacting the area of work handled
- About 10 years of experience in a fast moving, multi - cultural environment preferably in an MNC/ Large Corporate house
- Out of the entire experience, at least 4 years should have been at a Managerial level where he/ she had an opportunity to demonstrate team management skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.