Head - Finance - School (10-15 yrs)
About the Organisation
Lead Schools is a social enterprise, which aims to empower India by making excellent education accessible and affordable to every child. We operate our own schools, and also partner with other affordable private schools to improve learning outcomes in their school.
Objectives of assignment:
The Finance Head is responsible for leading all accounting, legal and compliance operations for Lead Schools. In addition, the person will be responsible for leading MIS reporting and budgeting activities for the organization. He/She will be leading a team of 4-5 people to achieve all the deliverables. The Finance Head should have highly relevant experience in Financial Management and Legal Matters, and a compelling interest in our mission. This is a hands-on role, and the incumbent should expect to execute some processes directly, in addition to reviewing the work of others. We expect this individual to grow with the organization as we expand our operations.
This position will report to the Founder & CFO.
The Finance Head's responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
A. Function: Accounting
1. Own and ensure implementation of Accounting Policies
2. Accounting and process management of 2 entities
3. Ensure accurate quarterly consolidation of financial results.
4. Create infrastructure to ensure correct billing of, and accrual for, all client revenues
5. Ensure collection of all outstanding accounts receivable (external and intercompany)
6. Ensure billing, settlement, and elimination of all intercompany revenue and services agreements
7. Oversee timely and accurate input of accounting entries for all offices and review regional expenses
8. Ensure all balance sheet accounts have been reconciled on a timely basis
9. Ensure all required accruals and adjustments
10. Oversee annual audit of consolidated financial statements
11. Ensure appropriate segregation of duties in all processes
12. Lead and manage the accounting team
B. Function: Compliance and Payroll
1. Managing payroll process for staff.
2. Ensure compliance with all labour laws
3. Ensure timely and accurate processing of staff salaries and other benefits
4. Lead successful completion of due diligence on closure of fund raise
5. Ensure Company Law compliance with the support of Company secretary
C. Function: Management Reporting
1. Create BVA (budget v actual) reporting for operations.
2. Lead internal reporting to Leadership Team and Board
3. Lead external reporting to Investors
D. Function- Legal Advisory
1. Vet all contracts (internal and external) working very closely with our legal advisors and negotiate contracts involving legal risks.
E. Function - Process
1. Set up processes pro-actively to ensure smooth and accurate flow of transactions as the operations scale up
2. Look at external software solutions and implement for process automation
3. Work closely with other functions to set up new processes, authorization matrix, SOPs etc to develop a strong internal control system for the organization
1. Bachelors degree in Accounting, Commerce, Financial Management, or other relevant area required.
2. Professional qualification - CPA/ACA/ACCA part II or equivalent preferred or MBA Finance.
3. At least 10 years of work experience in accounting, financial reporting, corporate finance.
Skills and attributes:
1. Possesses honesty, integrity, strong work ethic, and team skills
2. Strong problem solving and communication abilities; is organized and efficient
3. Excited by and open to new ideas and new ways of doing things
4. Proven ability to meet deadlines in high-paced work environment
5. Proficient with multiple softwares and technology
6. Willingness to take on all kinds of tasks and areas of responsibility, including at short notice
7. Leadership skills to hire, coach and manage a team of 4-5 people.
Compensation : Rs. 1800000 to Rs. 2200000 p.a.
Location - Bangalore