Head - Operations at Talent Pursuits
Views:939 Applications:274 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:194
Head - Finance - Pharma Manufacturing Firm (21-25 yrs)
We are looking for a hands-on Head of Finance with about 15-20 years of experience in reputed organization. Having finance graduation/post-graduation can be sufficient if with relevant experience. Pharma back ground is preferred, but not compulsory for a quick learner. This professional will be primarily responsible for managing overall finance activities at site with finance team.
To add few responsibilities, the coordination, preparation, and review of month-end close accounting activities. The individual will be key to ensuring accurate and timely closing of the books, assisting with quarterly reviews, the internal and external audits, and ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures. He/she will be an accounting professional with experience in fast-paced private and public company environments. Preferably knowledgeable in the principles of U.S. GAAP accounting.
Head of Finance Responsibilities :
- Leading finance team to manage complete finance activity required to run a plant in operation.
- Oversee the preparation of the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements including the balance sheet, P&L and cash flow
- Responsible for all aspects of the general ledger including journal entries, account reconciliations, and analyses of account balances
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Manage all banking related activities
- Sourcing of funds/ planning cash flows for the operation
- Ensuring that on time vendor payments are done with proper planning and documentation
- Ensuring that regularly expenses vs Budget is monitored, also involving in depth on plant budgeting activity.
- Monitoring all project costs vs budget
- Initiating cost optimizing projects and executing it with operational team to close the initiative.
- Implementing a well-defined costing model for the operational activities.
- Assist with the annual budget and quarterly forecast process.
- Planning quarterly budget Vs actual MIS data for review.
- Coordinate the annual external financial audit and internal audit
- Research and review accounting transactions and document proper accounting treatment
- Drive process improvement efforts to streamline financials operations and reduce the monthly close time
- Assist with the preparation of supporting schedules for federal, state, local, and special tax returns
- Identify areas of opportunity, improvement, or further analysis that will have a direct impact on company strategy
- Perform other accounting duties and support junior staff as required or assigned
Director of Accounting Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required
- CA/CPA/MBA preferred, but not compulsory
- 15-20 years of accounting experience
- Working knowledge of GAAP and SAP
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Highly independent, self-motivated, objective thinker with excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong organizational and stress management skills . leadership skills
- Solid understanding of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and U.S. GAAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel
- Ability to train and manage staff
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Maintain a team oriented can-do attitude, respond timely to impromptu requests, and participate in special projects at the direction of management
- SAP knowledge is a plus