Managing Consultant at HR Avenues
Views:3995 Applications:402 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:68
Head - Finance & Operations - NGO (15-20 yrs)
Head Finance and Operations (a not-for-profit organization)
This is a position for someone who has an eye for detail and is a resourceful and proactive leader.
Prior knowledge and experience of leading Finance preferably in a not-for-profit organisation is desired. The ideal candidate will exhibit judgement and the ability to excel in a multi-cultural environment. Will foster and maintain the necessary internal/external relationships including the senior leadership.
- CA and or MBA/PGDM Finance
- Post qualification experience of around 15-20 years, working in a senior financial position.
- Experience of working in an international organization or NGO/not for profit organisation
- Knowledge of US and Indian laws, particularly accounting, tax and investments
- Proficient in technology and financial dashboards
- Interpersonal skills with excellent command in written and oral communication
- Reporting to the Head of the Institution, Head Finance and Administration is primarily responsible for handling the financial and physical aspects of the operations.
- The individual works closely with the Board Members. And is assisted by a team of senior professionals from finance, facilities, procurement and other services looking after operations and business services (accounting, budget, payroll, purchasing, travel), security, facilities (capital projects, maintenance, housing etc.
- Leading budget-making exercise based on an overall plan for the organisation and explaining budget implication to all stakeholders.
- Monitoring actual and budget.
- Short and long term financial planning
- Short term and long term investments
- Preparation of monthly financial reports, FICA, and final accounts and Provident Fund for the Board.
- Manage reserve funds and working capital for operational expenses.
- Update and ensure that Internal Control Manual procedures are followed, and comments of the annual external audit are followed up on immediately
- Review and maintain appropriate insurance coverage for the assets and liabilities
- Oversee local and overseas purchasing and shipping agents
- Review and approval vendors, contracts and purchase orders
- Seek competitive bids for all major expenditures for equipment, supplies or services and prepare a comparative analysis of service contracts for approval
- Keep records of service contracts while monitoring service
- Evaluate employee performance and recommend training
- Make recommendations for improvement of office operations and job performance
- Ensure Board policies on Business Operations are adhered to including review and updating the Business Office procedures and documenting them as needed
- Facilities, Security, Transport, Other Services etc