Talent Advisor at HireKart India LLP
Views:986 Applications:355 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Head - Finance - FMCG/Retail (8-13 yrs)
You're Awesome At :
P&L responsibility (including leading the financial planning process) for the business and partnering with multiple internal teams (Operations, Transportation, Supply Chain, Retail, FP&A, Accounting, Shared Services) in delivering the business objectives.
You'll Be Improving & Responsible To:
- Establish proper control framework, oversees testing and compliance of internal controls including overseeing remediation of any audit findings, as required, through collaboration with relevant parties in the Company.
- Manage the financial and accounting requirements for the unit and ensure adherence to relevant laws and defined processes locally. Partners with our outsourced Accounting teams to ensure budget /forecast approval and proper accounting treatment & policies are followed.
- Proactively review financial information, identifying exceptions / inconsistencies, initiate action, and follow-up for logical closure.
- Deal with ambiguity and respond with right trade offs
- Take a balanced view of business reality and process controls in every decision framework
- Set broader agenda for a large, critical part of the business and take people through that
Your Experience Across The Years in the Roles You've Played -
- At least 10 years of large corporate finance experience, with experience across corporate finance and business finance.
- Proven track record of hiring, building and leading the work of other professionals
- Industry experience in e-commerce, distribution, retail, FMCG or IT.
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Experience in financial planning and analysis including basic modeling.
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder. Ability to work in a matrix structure.
- Experience in organizing and managing cross-functional projects.
- Prepared reports and presentations for Leadership, Governance Meetings, Stakeholders etc. and driven processes for data collection and reporting - analyzing information and asserting messages to drive behavioral change and quality of updates.
Your Academic Qualifications may include - Advanced degree (MBA or Masters) or Chartered Accountant strongly preferred
- The Finance Head will Partner with business leadership to provide strategic guidance and analytic/decision making support for evaluating and prioritizing new business ideas, providing the leadership, management and vision to ensure that the organization has the necessary and appropriate financial direction, operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and information technology / systems to effectively and rapidly grow the business, while securing its financial strength and operating efficiency.
- This role requires a self-starter with strong business modeling skills, a keen attention to detail and good track record of influencing business partners. This role has regular interaction with senior leadership and stakeholders across and requires strong verbal and written communication skills. The candidate will need to be capable of operating with a high degree of autonomy, and hence needs to demonstrate a high degree of comfort with ambiguity besides holding a high bar on professional integrity; and will need to have a proven track record for hiring, developing and retaining the best talent.