Head - Finance & Accounts - NGO (7-20 yrs)
- The Head Finance role acts as the finance partner to the Leadership team, provides counsel on all finance matters and ensures that finance goals are aligned with the organization's strategic plans and programs. The role requires to deliver accurate consolidated financial reporting; effectively managing all financial tasks, overseeing budgeting and accounting etc.
- Ensure accurate financial management
- Coach & provide advice / guidance to the organization on matters of investment, capital structuring, financial analysis and expense control
- Lead the finance team and support their individual development
- Work with external vendors and maintain professional relations with them to ensure timely delivery of services and payments
- Setting up Internal Financial Control and SOP's with regards to financial transactions and its Integration with various other functions such as Fund Raising, HR, Procurements, Operations, Program Delivery and Self Sustainability
- Keep up with new trends in the financial industry by attending conferences,
- Build a top-tier internal finance team by actively recruiting, training and developing talented accountants, analysts, consultants, auditors, tax planners and payroll staff, as needed.
Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Oversee regular financial planning reports and ensure regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions
- Design optimal capital structure, develop and implement strategies to ensure financial flexibility at all times
- Plan and monitor the organization's fundraising plans and capital structure
- Assess organizations- performance against annual budget and organizations long term strategy
Systems and Processes:
- Build on existing systems & processes and ensure implementation
- Work on standardization of all processes - tax, auditing, budgeting, reporting etc.
- Facilitate Internal & External Audits. Ensuring that the organisation is compliant with all internal and statutory audits.
- Strengthen reporting, budget tracking functions by improving data quality and by further automation.
Degree or equivalent in any discipline, preferably with a further post- graduate (MBA or equivalent in finance) and/or professional qualification (CA/M.Com./ICWA)