Principal Consultant at Simply People
Views:717 Applications:142 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Head - Equity Settlement - European Domestic Markets - Investment Banking (12-20 yrs)
Responsible for Leading and day to day running of the Equity Settlements department covering a variety of financial products across European domestic markets. Markets include UK Domestic, Italy, Spain, France, Greece and Belgium as well as emerging and Scandinavian markets. It includes Agent clear, Euro Clear, Ex-Moves, UK Domestic, Market Portfolio Settlements, Emerging markets and Reconciliations.
Focus areas :
Developing and transformation the team with focus on few key aspects, including but not limited to :
Data driven Organization : The role holder shall have a Data driven approach to review all the key metrics produced, along with other senior management and use this information to predict trends and spikes in work volumes to plan the strategy and resourcing of their areas
In addition the role holder will build strong cross departmental relationships and ensure all risk and control functions are adhered to.
Efficiency & Innovation : The role holder shall be responsible for driving process improvements and synergies on an ongoing basis and will liaise with global and local change teams to drive efficiency and innovation for existing and new markets and will monitor trends to make the processing of business more scalable within their budgeted headcount.
The role holder will have accountability for elements of their budget and will work with the business to meet any budgetary or headcount challenges without degradation to service.. The role holder shall be responsible for improving the Straight Through Processing (STP) by working with the team leads to identify root causes for exceptions and driving out inefficiencies.
Client at the Centre :
- The role holder shall have strong client focus and should be a blue to put customer satisfaction first. He/She should have a track record of maintaining effective customer relations and service program through delivery of SLAs.
- He/She should be an expert communicator with ability to influence large cross functional groups/forums as well external stakeholders.
- He/She would be expected to collaborate internally across the organization as well with client to deliver on Business objectives. The role holder shall lead with innovation and data driven mindset.
Essential Skills/ Basic Qualifications :
- Should have extensive experience in Capital markets especially leading front to back Securities settlements across Equity Markets at Scale
- Should have led and managed Operations transformation projects and change at scale including RPA and data analytics etc and have good track record of driving productivity and efficiency
- Should have led a minimum of 100+ members with global exposure in stakeholder management
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
Technical Skills/Competencies/ Professional/Technical experience :
The right candidate will be responsible for the day to day management of seven settlement teams covering a variety of Equities products across domestic European markets. They will have a thorough understanding of securities settlement and up to date technical knowledge of various domestic markets settlement such as :
- Crest, Spain, Italy, Scandinavian and emerging markets like Russia etc.
- Buy-in regulations
- Exchange deliveries
- CASS/CMAR regulations and reporting
- Exchange Futures deliveries
- Corporate action trade - Expertise in transaction and position level Reconciliations
- Knowledge of T2S and CSDR projects
- In addition, they will be capable of working independently and innovatively, and have experience of running multiple teams in a high volume environment with multiple market deadlines. Knowledge of Swift Alliance, Euclid and Intellimatch would be an advantage.
Risk and Control Objective :
- Strong risk background /culture with ability to identify future risk
- Detailed oriented in order to avoid, eliminate and mitigate risk
- Experience of thorough contingency planning to ensure strong resiliency
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of operational front to back procedures that support IB Securities business as well securities product
- Ability to define and implement excel risk metrics to ensure process is tracked and monitored successfully
Decision Making/ Problem Solving :
- Ability to understand and analyse complex problem and provide effective tactical and strategic solution
- Excellent understanding of business strategy and apply this lens when making decision
- Aptitude to operate at varying level of details ( strategic to close attention)
Roles and Responsibilities Organization : Data Driven Efficient Team
- Create a strong partnership model with the Bank & other key stakeholders to transform the organization from a - Service Provider to a Partner to the Bank
- Create a Data driven organization with strong governance Top down to review Business risk and drive the team towards efficiency & Innovation
- A very strong understanding & vision on leveraging the power of Data to improve client satisfaction and the overall Settlement Rate People: Highly Motivated & Energized Team
- Overall responsible for a 100+ member team to ensure the Team is set up with the right pyramid, skillsets and diversity across Levels.
- Define key Objectives & KPIs for each of the Teams within the Equity Settlement group & provide the right guidance & leadership to enable the Teams to achieve these KPIs
- Set-up objectives and review performance of all team members(Directly for L7 and L8, guidance for others)
- Monitor Productivity and create a measurable action Plan
- Plan & design resourcing strategy to manage work volumes, Support design of succession plans for key team members.
- Ensure adherence to all risk and control functions(QPM) Process: Build Efficiency & Innovation
- Run The Bank : Create an environment of very strong Governance with a clear direction of driving efficiency & managing client expectations & KPIs across various processes within Settlement. Review the way processes are conducted to come up with a plan of making the organization profitable by driving standardization, industrialization and automation.
- Change the Bank : Create and manage a Change & Innovation Roadmap for the Equity Settlement Team. Work very closely with Change the Bank Team and senior Bank stakeholders to drive efficiency within the group.
Client : Customer at the Centre
- Strong client focus, always put customer satisfaction first . Track record of maintaining effective customer relations and service program through delivery of SLAs
- Build a culture of - proactively- reporting the Good as well as Bad news to the client. Help inmoving the Equity Team from a reactive to a more Leading approach
- Redesign the governance within the Team to ensure all groups provide timely updates basis agreed cadence & KPI to the Bank stakeholders
- Establish a cadence with client to focus on innovation & efficiency across Process & Organization; build a culture of ideation & efficiency
- Initiate & maintain a cadence to focus on innovation & efficiency across Process & Organization(Ideation)
- An expert communicator with ability to influence large cross functional groups/forums as well external stakeholder