Manager - Manufacturing and Engineering at CIEL - MA FOI Group
Views:98 Applications:23 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head - Engineering - UPS/Battery/Invertor (10-17 yrs)
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to create application requirements. - Develop system and component level requirements for the battery system including the battery management system (BMS). - Create and implement a thermal management strategy for the battery system (heating and cooling).
- Conduct risk assessments, FMEA and design reviews. Define the battery back durability, reliability and testing requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of the current technical state and new innovations relative to advanced battery systems. Integrate the battery system with other electrical and mechanical systems.
- Collaborate with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize designs for manufacturability. Support product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs) - Execute and oversee onsite and supplier testing. - Ensure new products meet agency compliance
- Act as a resource to mentor and teach less experienced engineers. - Support Technical design and documentation for Pre Sales activity. - Other duties as assigned.
a. Function Criteria - Knowledge and experience:
- Ability to solve complex engineering problems. Strong decision-making skills. Experience leading the design and development of advanced battery systems
from concept thru production launch. Knowledge of li-ion battery technology, including various cell chemistries. - Experience conducting a FMEA for advanced battery systems. Excellent oral and written communication
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or related discipline. Experience with power generation products.Exposure in Renewables and renewable integration. Should have exposure to following software tools: