Consultant at Expertus Consulting
Views:154 Applications:35 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:28
Head - Engineering - Shipping & Logistics Technology Firm (6-10 yrs)
Head of Engineering - Logistics Company
Purpose of the Role : We are looking for an experienced software engineering professional to build and lead our engineering team. The key purpose of the role is to materialize the product vision and build best in class tech products. The Head of Engineering will be liaising with product and leadership teams, build the tech organization and manage the deliverables.
- Be accountable for timely delivery of tech solutions, making sure the team achieves short term and long term objectives.
- Hire, Lead, mentor, and coach a group of talented engineers to build best in class tech solutions.
- Create the engineering roadmap, and own the technical landscape for the systems driving Customs at Traydo.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across disciplines like product, design, and customer success.
- Define best practices around code, design, architecture, testability, CI/CD and Observability and ensure 100% alignment to them.
- Architect systems for scale and stability
- Work with the executive leadership and product management teams to understand the short- term and long-term product roadmap and align that with the technical/ non-functional roadmap that he will develop.
- Streamline and drive efficiency and execution in the engineering organization, ensuring visibility and predictability around engineering processes, systems, etc.
Ideal candidate should have:
- Have a bachelor's/ Master's degree in computer science or engineering with relevant experience.
- Proven experience developing and delivering highly complex, scalable, data intensive platforms and/or services for large modern Enterprise customers.
- Deep expertise in MERN, AWS and Machine Learning infrastructure as well as operations experience with architectural vision
- Experience in working with data exchange protocols (API/EDIs)
- Good understanding of analytics
- Sound software architecture knowledge with experience in Microservices based architecture.
- Proven track record of growing up the ranks in a fast-growing technology company.
- Experience working with a multi-functional team (Product Management, Design, Test, Operations, and Developers).
- Previous Supply Chain / Logistics domain product development experience will be an added advantage but is not a must.