HR Consultant at Subir Sinha HR & Corporate Advisory
Views:104 Applications:35 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Head - Engineering - FinTech (14-17 yrs)
We are looking for Head - Engineering who will own all initiatives to develop and scale technology, execute an aggressive roadmap, institute best engineering practices, and deliver innovative products.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Build the MVP, design the app architecture, and setting up the infrastructure.
- Would be responsible for backend, frontend, infrastructure, architecture, scalability, server-side engineering, UI, and all other technical aspects of the product in line with the company's strategy.
- Lead the technology team including the engineering and DevOps team.
- Define a technology roadmap with organization & business goals envisioning the tech stack required to scale the business with a long-term technology vision.
- Understand product vision and business needs for defining engineering & product building requirements.
- Prioritizing & scoping features closely with the Product team.
- Strong process sense
- Being able to suggest the right-sized process.
- Provide inputs, estimates, and plans for product and feature development. Set and manage expectations, communicate, and execute goals within timelines.
- Own the technology strategy to support business growth, new launches, and development of features development while mitigating project risk.
- Monitoring and supporting apps and handle issues that get escalated.
- Champion best software engineering practices like design, code reviews, etc.
- Be a technical mentor - Manage and review the technical contributions of engineers.
- Cultivate ownership of design to monitoring production by engineers
- Setting up short bursts of hackathons with the team to accelerate ideas to the experimentation stage.
- Strong technical domain knowledge and fundamentals
- Strong coding, designing, testing skills, exposure to agile
- Strong architecture skills, to convert business requirements into technical spec
- Analytical and strategic thinker
- Around 14 years of industry experience out of which 5+ years of strong experience in a Product based B2C start-up, previous work experience as a Chief Technology Officer, or Engineering/Technology Head
- Prior experience in start-ups (fintech, e-commerce, B2C platforms) is essential, Experience in banks, payment platform and gateways would be preferred.
- Experience in managing software projects right from inception to launch, using agile methodologies, Full Stack development of web and mobile-based applications, building scalable products and platforms, fully redundant fault-tolerant infrastructure
- Knowledge of information security vulnerabilities and risk management is essential