client manager at Mastermind Network
Views:889 Applications:280 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:59
Head - Employee Relations - IT/ITeS (14-18 yrs)
Head - Employee Relations
Key Responsibilities :
- Develop employee relations strategy and plan, with a focus on developing a positive ER climate for India.
- Work closely with key stakeholders including Legal, Security, Risk and Compliance, etc. to design and deliver strategies, policies and practices that are aligned with purpose, objectives and values.
- Support Business through end-to-end disciplinary and grievance case management, employment policy and process advice and to ensure line managers are able to effectively inculcate a conducive and compliant work environment.
- Ensure HR policy development and review in line with best practice, legal requirements and in support of client's strategic objectives.
- Manage the ER team effectively and ensure continuous upskilling, optimal workload allocation and career pathing and progression for team members
- Track and measure ER case metrics and ensure the provision of employee relations analytics and data to business and other internal stakeholders.
- Liaise with Employment Legal team to ensure legal risks are fully considered and to ensure consistency of advice and guidance to business.
- Provide focused training and development for line managers around common violations and how to deal with them.
- Ensure appropriate management of discipline policy including taking decision disciplinary cases and recommend and execute disciplinary sanctions including and upto termination
- As a senior leader, represent the function internally and externally, as appropriate, across a range of stakeholders including government authorities and regulators.
- Ensure robust compliance with all labor related statutes including maintaining records and filing returns
- Keep updated on all changes in labor laws/ statutory guidelines and take necessary actions (as and when required) for ensuring compliance in case of changes in any laws/ guidelines from time to time
- Ensuring timely response on all Labour inspector's visit, making, vetting the response and closure
- Co-ordination with all Labour consultants and review of their performance
- Proactive co-ordination with labour authorities
- Be a visible role model for the client's values and behaviours
- To proactively partner with senior management and other colleagues within the business to achieve client's targets.
- To define ER and IR actions, and to input significantly to the company wide approach.
- To initiate and develop processes/products/services to support business strategies.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of ER and IR practices/processes for the business and to lead change.
Business Impact :
- Clear precise process maps and guidelines to enable and empower Business line managers to manage employees more effectively and contribute to strategic growth of Business .
- Proactively identifies gaps in existing policies, SOPs and procedures, and solutions them in partnership with Business.
- Develops commercially sound solutions that influence business unit results and improve customer relationships.
- Increased awareness of functions outside of own business area.
- Impact is medium-term and there is involvement in longer term strategic planning.
- May require geographic co-ordination of functions or global functional.
- Accountable for function cost performance.
- Long term strategy and overall business philosophy typically guide this role.
Authority/Decision Making :
- Translates strategy into actionable programs, operations or activities.
- Formulates operational guidelines.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking, assumes a broad perspective.
- Will be responsible for disciplinary action as the Disciplinary Authority for all client entities in India
- Works with a high level of autonomy, and is comfortable in the absence of direction.
- MBA (HR)
- Qualified lawyer with specialisation in labour law.
- Substantial experience of leading an employee relations function in an IT/ITeS company
- In depth knowledge of employment law and industrial relations practices and their contribution to business success
- Experience of creating and implementing employee relations interventions that have a demonstrable impact on organisational success
- Ability to build relationships and communicate at all levels within an organisation
- Flexible approach to problem solving, balancing policy, best practice, legal and business issues to provide pragmatic solutions
- Credible expert with the ability to influence; evidenced through delivery and up to date knowledge
- Inspiring leader, with an ability to engage their team and the wider organisation
- Substantial knowledge and experience in ER and IR issues covering negotiation and consultation (as required), a breadth of activities, and best in class practices and policies.
- Recognised thought leader.
- This is a collaborative position in the HR field, so people with a passion for creative conflict resolution and a knack for negotiation will thrive in this role.