Head - Editorial Content - Media/Publishing Firm (7-8 yrs)
About the Role :
- You will get to work closely with the core team and get exposed to a wide range of market-facing and tactical responsibilities in improving the quality of writer pipeline and curation of quality resources and their quality checks over time.
- The role would require multi-tasking between several verticals and establishing strong quality standards and benchmarks for thousands of writers and in the internal organisation.
Job Responsibilities :
- Review: This includes the responsibility of reviewing all resumes/profiles of writers applying to write across multiple verticals and rating them on a set of particular parameters.
- Curation: This includes the role of curating relevant profiles and creating tests/assignments to judge their ground-level quality of content translation and creation
- Laying the ground: You will have to set up the parameters, basis which we will judge the writers and the assignments will have to be created in accordance with the same.
- Understand and maintain our editorial processes, keeping all deadlines and working within our software stack as required to keep stakeholders informed.
- Launching new verticals and products in Editorial segment
- Discover areas of improvement/opportunities with team editing processes and implement solutions
- Brief creation: Set templates and structures for thought out briefs to increase efficiency in the operational systems
- Minimum 7-8 years of experience in the Editorial segments
- The ideal candidate excels in a deadline-driven environment and is comfortable providing in-depth reviews to their peers.
- The ideal candidate should have a strong writing and editing background, an excellent command of American English, business and tech vernacular, and a strong understanding of how to optimize content for search engines.
- Demonstrated background in content marketing, media, and publishing with a speciality in copy editing.
- Should have handled a team of more than 15-20 editors/writers in the previous experiences
- Candidates who have had strong experiences at media houses or publishing houses will be preferred.