Head/Director - Site Operations - Chemical Manufacturing Firm (15-25 yrs)
Our client is a leading chemical manufacturing MNC which has significant operations running from APAC. India alone has 3 sites and they have a wide product spectrum. Currently they are looking for a Director-Operations to manage one of their biggest plant in Mumbai.
Reporting into the Sr. Director-Operations, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the site's activities in the areas of Production, Manufacturing Services, Engineering & Maintenance and EHSQ under due consideration of client's brand promise as well as of segmentation driven priority setting (strategic markets segments, customer segmentation)
- Ensuring in time and in quality manufacturing of the required product quantities as per production schedule and Managing operation within approved financial guidelines, adhering to the agreed norms of yields, energy and fixed costs
- Demonstrate inter personal skill to take along all functions and work cohesively with union to maintain harmonious working environment
- Ensuring equipment reliability/availability and durability by driving an effective and efficient maintenance operation
- Executing approved capital projects in time and in cost and Ensuring timely availability of manufacturing information to allow effective execution of S&OP process
- Ensuring a safe and EHSQ compliant manufacturing operation (incl. e.g. Responsible Care, ISO 9001/14001)
- Driving / Implementing continuous improvement of processes and operation for better productivity and efficiency (Operational Excellence)
- Developing, adapting and validating a vision for the site's enhanced value generation within the corporate strategies and the regional strategy execution
- Challenging the status quo and motivate team to raise the performance bar to deliver extra ordinary business results
- Continuous People Development for higher roles and succession planning, building talent pipeline, fostering the required culture
- Ideally you are a Chemical/Petrochemical Engineer with atleast 15 years of experience majorly in continuous processes manufacturing of chemicals.
- You should have managed unions and currently should be at a plant head of atleast 60000Tn/annum capacity and a turnover of atleast 500 crores/annum.
- You should have excellent influencing, interpersonal and communication skills. You should have an excellent track record in your earlier professional stint and should be ready for the next challenging assignment in a fast paced environment.