Head/Director - Implementation - Climate Action Plans - NGO (9-15 yrs)
The postholder will oversee the delivery of the organizations major programmes in the region including the delivery of the Climate Action Plans aligned to the organization CAP Framework, projects related to the organization Leadership Standard Compliance and ensuring any other projects required for meeting the organization Leadership Standards. They will ensure these programmes remain focused on meeting cities' needs and balancing the interests and priorities of multiple programme donors. The postholder will be a strong programme director, with skills in strategy and programme development as well as project oversight, results management, and delivery. They will be a strong relationship manager, building productive collaborations with partners, staff and cities from multiple cities within the region, also supporting as required the development of funding proposals and partnerships for delivery and implementation. The postholder will have a strong understanding of needs, priorities and delivery mechanisms to support the organization cities in the implementation of their climate action plans.
- In coordination with the Regional Director, oversee the strategic development and implementation of the organization's technical assistance programs in the region, guided by the Regional Business Plan and insights from the Regional Delivery Advisory Group.
- Support the coordination of the Regional Delivery Advisory Groups
- Lead on engagement and coordination of programme delivery with city, subnational and national officials and any other partners and stakeholders identified to ensure alignment and coordination across the different support programmes
- Lead the development of the strategy, governance models, internal operating models/coordination mechanisms, risk management frameworks, staffing structures and budgets for each regional delivery programme.
- Work with other the organization teams in the development of integrated delivery programmes within the region to ensure effective delivery at a regional level, ensuring that a complete package of support is provided, including finance, sectoral competences, inclusion and equity and stakeholder engagement.
- Identify and lead the collaboration with external stakeholders and partners to leverage the program delivery
- Develop frameworks for knowledge sharing the outcomes of the projects/programs through platforms such as webinars
- Manage ongoing relationships with partners and ensure strong collaboration with other relevant Cities teams.
- Ensure the funding contract requirements, including preparing funder updates and ensuring progress on the outlined KPIs
- Oversee the ongoing programme management of the programmes to ensure that delivery is achieved on time and on budget, work with the organization finance and corporate service teams to provide regular updates to the funder
- Structure and deliver stakeholder engagement activities, such as webinars, conferences, workshops, knowledge products etc
- Review the alignment of programs with the organization's Leadership Standards
- Manage staff as required
- Demonstrable and extensive experience in government, business and/or NGO sectors with a strong focus on municipal policy development and programme delivery.
- Cross sectoral understanding of climate and urban development for delivery in the region.
- Significant project and programme management experience, including oversight of multiple concurrent projects.
- Proven strong understanding of political dynamics in cities and local governments, and of strategic and technical needs of city leaders.
- Proven track record in working collaboratively and effectively with partners and groups, such as NGOs, community groups and donors.
- Strong strategic thinking capabilities coupled with an outcome, delivery-orientated approach.
- Highly collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Experience in managing staff and teams.
- Experience in fundraising, managing grants and funders.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong convening skills.
- Required Fluent in English (spoken and written) do highlight fluency of any other local language
Moderate travel may be required as part of the role.
Though it is remote position, people from the following cities can apply- New Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru and Chennai