Centre Head Pune at Randstad
Views:2617 Applications:401 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head - Direct & Indirect Sourcing - Engineering Group (15-25 yrs)
Our client is a Globally reputed Engineering Group based in Pune
We are currently hiring for a very critical role of Sourcing Head - India, reporting to Sourcing Director - Global.
Team size: 10 Members
Experience: 15 to 25yrs
Key performance areas :
- In this position, you plan, direct and monitor all sourcing activities for Direct and Indirect Procurement. You take responsibility for the whole sourcing process, from the initial stages to completion, and you identify and evaluate opportunities to reduce costs by improving the organization's patterns and supply channels. The location for this position is in Pune. You report to the Sourcing Director.
The main responsibilities of the Head of Sourcing include:
- Contribute to the development of the organization's overall sourcing strategy for Direct, Indirect Procurement; and establish purchasing budgets, plans, policies, systems, and procedures that will achieve these strategic objectives.
- Identify, evaluate, and capitalize on opportunities to reduce purchasing costs by improving the organization's buying patterns and supply channels.
- Evaluate, negotiate, and manage the most complex or strategically important supplier and vendor relationships to secure terms that are in the organization's best interest.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of managers and other professionals to ensure that procurement activities meet established targets and standards.
- Plan & implementation of Supply Chain initiatives for Direct, Indirect Procurement
- Plan, Manage and Execute end to end complex sourcing projects fulfilling compliance and EHS
- Managing Strategic Sourcing initiatives for region by performing external market research, Spend/Process analysis and supplier pre-qualification activities
- New Source development and alternate sourcing to meet the demand of PAN India.
- Identifying saving opportunities to meet the category-specific targets
- Contract negotiation and management
- Active involvement in Purchasing strategies includes RFP/RFQ based on the scope of, supply/Product specifications, vendor selection, techno-commercial; evaluation & negotiations, risk purchase & POs, due diligence of supply, quality & deliverables include performance guarantees and warranties.
- Streamline purchase activities to reduce inventory and overstocking
- Assist with creating a zero accident/safety-first culture and identify and capitalize on areas where business can be improved by acting in accordance with the company`s vision.
- Developing and maintaining local KPI's to manage and drive performance for RSO India as well as our vendors.
Right Candidates will be :
The Sourcing head must have 15-20 years of experience in a Sourcing position, with experience in supplier management or manufacturing planning as well as leadership and team-building experience. In addition, a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a technical field is required. Post Graduation in management/ Certification in Material management is preferred. Project Management certifications (APICS, ISM, CSCMP) would be a definite plus. You also have experience with MRP/ERP systems.