HR - Talent Acquisition at Pioneer Financial & Management Services Ltd
Views:5940 Applications:142 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
Head - Digital Banking - IT Product Firm (16-25 yrs)
Purpose of role :
The Head of Product Management is a senior leadership position reporting into the Business Head. He/she is responsible for ensuring that :
1. In terms of business functionality and technology the Digital Core Banking product obtains and retains leadership position in the target markets,
2. The value proposition and product strategy for the Digital Core Banking is understood by the presales and sales team and in turn both are enabled to communicate the same to prospects, customers and analysts, and,
3. Service Delivery Teams and Implementation partners are provided with tools and techniques with which they are able to roll out the product with optimal efficiency and lowest possible cost.
4. Bring innovation in product development in line with market/customer expectation through putting in place a Roadmap and getting Sales and Organization buy in behind it.
BH is the owner of all the above and hence the incumbent will be expected to work closely with the BH.
Key Accountabilities :
In order to achieve the above objectives, PMG head would be responsible for the following activities
1. Creating and maintaining leadership in terms of business functionality and technology:
a. Benchmarking with competitor products :
b. Track trends and developments through secondary research and by interaction with customer, prospects, analysts and in various industry events
c. Take inputs from sales, pre-sales, analysts, RFI/ RFPs and define product roadmap to obtain and retain leadership in the market
d. Work closely with Engineering and Service Delivery teams (for K2-K4 items), decide how a solution would be incorporated into the product, and take ownership of functional design.
e. Identify partners for addressing localisation related issues such local regulations, market practices, interfaces and protocols
f. Define non- functional parameters for the product - scalability, performance, security and integration
2. Defining key value proposition and product penetration strategy for each target market segment and geography in consultation with Business Head, Pre-Sales Head and Geo Sales team. Enable pre-sales and sales teams to present this effectively to the customers.
a. To communicate the value proposition in effective manner
b. Develop marketing collaterals such as Pitch book and presentations in consultation with marketing and pre-sales team
c. Develop RFI and RFP response templates for effective communication of product value proposition
d. Develop standard demo scenarios and demo data
e. Decide how to respond to gaps during the pre-sales cycle
f. Coordinate with other teams wherever the solution cuts across various modules
g. Lead and deliver Proof of Concept wherever required
3. Enable Service Delivery Team / implementation partner to rollout the product with acceptable quality and lowest cost :
a. Take ownership of understanding customer requirements either through direct participation or supervision of requirements phase
b. Identify gaps and categorize them into K1 - K4
c. Provide tools, techniques and training to PRG and enable them to carry out quality rollout within defined timeframe and at lowest cost
d. Validation of Test Case Suite for specific implementation
e. Prepare standard test automation suite
4. Set directions in situations of conflict :
a. To take ownership of dispute resolution between the client and roll out team during UAT
b. To define priorities for PEG when there are conflicting demands of delivering roadmap items, K1 items in customer implementations and PoCs
Key Outputs : This role is responsible for growth of Intellectual Capital and Brand Capital of the business unit.
- Minimum 15+ experience in Managing Retail Banking Products (liability, assets) or Banking Operations & IT in Banking.
- The candidate with experience in banks in product management and retail banking is preferred. Alternatively someone who has worked in Product Management including building Functional Roadmaps in an IT company.
- Must have at least two years experience in Mature Markets like UK/ Europe or Asia Pacific.
- Progressive career experience as a senior executive in a bank or a large software company
- Sound knowledge on product design, product development and solution architecture.
- Good people management skills / talent development
- Good grasp of various technologies and its usage
- Nurture innovation / engineering design / Design Thinking
- Must have the Gravitas, the Executive Presence and Communications / Presentation
- Skills to stand up and share Product USPs and Roadmap with CXOs in mature markets.
LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES :
The Leadership Competencies desired for this leadership position are very comprehensive.
a. Must have strong understanding of and demonstrate skill in leadership, change management, communications, problem solving, decision making, innovation, execution leadership and stewardship of resources. Skill in establishing a balanced perspective on mission effectiveness and business results is critical.
b. Central to this role's performance is the ability of the executive to be proficient in living the Mission and Core Values and call others to the same. The other competencies identified that are critical to be successful in this role
c. Core Values : Demonstrates company Core Values (Passion, Humility, Integrity, Respect) in relationships and @ work.
d. Customer Focus : Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect through action & through knowledge
e. Drive for Results : Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
f. Business Acumen : Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
g. Managing Vision and Purpose : Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision shareable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
h. Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
i. Developing Direct Reports : Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.