Executive Search Consultant at Fidius Advisory
Views:852 Applications:145 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
Head - Data Engineering - IT (15-22 yrs)
- Will be responsible for overseeing all engineering related activities of the team, ensuring proper execution of duties and alignment with the business's overall vision.
- The person will be a seasoned organizational and people leader, with deep understanding and experience of data architectures, information systems deployment and storage techniques and information management.
Skill sets required :
- Proven ability to lead and mentor a highly technical engineering team while also demonstrating the ability to discuss, understand and synthesize solutions for the business needs and data management requirements of other organizational units.
- Ability to collaborate with business unit leadership as well as individual members of the team with strong empathy, and the ability to creatively problem-solve.
- More than 15 years of experience in data engineering and data management.
- 4-6 years of experience with distributed data frameworks, Hadoop and related architectures (Hive, Spark, Presto, EMR)
- Hands-on experience in designing and managing data lakes, data warehouses and downstream marts.
- Hands-on experience with AZURE ecosystem (Databricks, Data Factory, HDInsight, Event Hubs, AKS, Azure DevOps, etc.).
- Exposure to modern development approaches (containerization, microservices, CI/CD).
- Hands-on experience with relational database platforms (Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL).
- Solid understanding of real-time (e.g. Kafka) and batch data processing frameworks, DAG schedulers (Airflow, Luigi, etc).